"Style" guides?
Author Message
 "Style" guides?

I don't know if this is the proper group to post this, but what
the heck.....

I am looking for recomdations on books that discuss composition
"style". This would range from letters to newsletters to books.

I am looking for layout, font, and general composition guidelines.

Any ideas?

Dave
--
                          | These be my words, not my employer's!
"Dare to be stupid!"      |
Weird Al Yankovik         | Dave Lowrey - Amdahl Corp. Cincinnati, OH

Mon, 21 Aug 1995 02:22:05 GMT
 "Style" guides?

Quote:
>I don't know if this is the proper group to post this, but what
>the heck.....
>I am looking for recomdations on books that discuss composition
>"style". This would range from letters to newsletters to books.
>I am looking for layout, font, and general composition guidelines.
>Any ideas?

Words into Type is good for all-around style stuff; Chicago Manual of
Style is great for academic stuff; for layout and design related things,
Jon White (sp?) has a small herd of books out on design, design for
electornic typesetting, for magazines, etc... and a set of two video
tapes as well -- he's good). For tech docs and for ideas on other
things, Style Sheets for Technical Documents (and a companion,
 . . . for Business something or other) provides sample pages and
Ventura templates on disk..

Quote:
>Dave
>--
>                          | These be my words, not my employer's!
>"Dare to be stupid!"      |
>Weird Al Yankovik         | Dave Lowrey - Amdahl Corp. Cincinnati, OH

--

   DoD 358                                  _Real_ BMWs have just two wheels.

Mon, 21 Aug 1995 22:56:46 GMT

1. printing "0 setlinewidth" style font

2. style="position:absolute;left;top;"

3. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

5. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"

6. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

7. How to Replace("String Irregular # of space", "?", "")

8. JavaScript "\"" and WShell Run

9. "Microsoft Windows 2000 Scripting Guide" from Microsoft Press is out!

10. "Microsoft Windows 2000 Scripting Guide" from Microsoft Press is out!

11. CreateObject("excel.application", "myremotecomp") dosent work

12. How to count "Premium" and "Free" Pages Viewed using HTML Forms Authentication