A Very Old Fiery RIP 
Author Message
 A Very Old Fiery RIP

Does anyone know anything about a very old Fiery ver 1.25 RIP?  We
just bought an existing printing company that had one of these boxes
in storage.  I'm wondering if it's Y2K compliant.  This RIP has to be
at least 5 years old!  I was hoping to use it as a paperweight but the
new owners feel it will useful alongside our new Fiery and Splash
RIPS.  Oh my, I just noticed the network connector is the old coax
cable type  :-)!

-John Wix
Insty-Prints
Prepress Supervisor



Sun, 07 Mar 2004 23:46:16 GMT  
 A Very Old Fiery RIP
Quote:
>Y2K compiant?

Does not matter for postscript, since there is no date/time functions.

Quote:
> new owners feel it will useful alongside our new Fiery and Splash
> RIPS.  

And what do they plan to use it for?
Chances are, that it was originally used to drive an old canon clc
color copier. Do you still use the copier? Also I believe it would be
ps level 1 -- not too good these days for color.  Save yourself the
headaches and put it back into storage :)


Mon, 08 Mar 2004 05:27:56 GMT  
 A Very Old Fiery RIP
It was originally used to drive a Canon CLC 700, and yes my head is aching already.
Quote:

> >Y2K compiant?
> Does not matter for postscript, since there is no date/time functions.

> > new owners feel it will useful alongside our new Fiery and Splash
> > RIPS.  

> And what do they plan to use it for?
> Chances are, that it was originally used to drive an old canon clc
> color copier. Do you still use the copier? Also I believe it would be
> ps level 1 -- not too good these days for color.  Save yourself the
> headaches and put it back into storage :)



Tue, 09 Mar 2004 05:01:53 GMT  
 A Very Old Fiery RIP
It will make a great paperweight.

Quote:
> Does anyone know anything about a very old Fiery ver 1.25 RIP?  We
> just bought an existing printing company that had one of these boxes
> in storage.  I'm wondering if it's Y2K compliant.  This RIP has to be
> at least 5 years old!  I was hoping to use it as a paperweight but the
> new owners feel it will useful alongside our new Fiery and Splash
> RIPS.  Oh my, I just noticed the network connector is the old coax
> cable type  :-)!

> -John Wix
> Insty-Prints
> Prepress Supervisor



Tue, 09 Mar 2004 06:17:28 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Fiery and Scitex RIP optimisations

2. VENDO RIP EFI Fiery 200i

3. Linotype RIP/Lino 330/linotype ethernet card/Rip PC

4. Canon CLC-550 and Fiery 200i

5. Fiery

6. Fiery Bug?

7. Preload image to Fiery XJ

8. Help - Any EFI/Fiery Knowledge Around?

9. Need old tmac scripts

10. FA: Old L100 imagesetter - suit Australian collector

11. need old version of "LaserWriter Reference"

12. Old USENET map of U.S.

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software