ps2pdf converts color incorrectly
Author Message
 ps2pdf converts color incorrectly

When trying to convert a postscript file via ghostscript ps2pdf we get odd
color matching with Font Colors.

A font color defined as
%%+ (PANTONE 288 CV)
%%CMYKCustomColor: 1 0.65098 0 0.301961 (PANTONE 288 CV)

seems to get converted to an rgb in the pdf, color of  0 11 177 (0 0.043
0.698 rg) instead of 0 51 127

Adobe Distiller converts the color ok....

I assume it has something to do with the Ghostscript Defaults however I
don't know which ones to change....

Any hints are appreciated....?

Cheers

James Clarke

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:48:19 GMT
 ps2pdf converts color incorrectly

Quote:

> When trying to convert a Postscript file via ghostscript ps2pdf we get odd
> color matching with Font Colors.

> A font color defined as
> %%+ (PANTONE 288 CV)
> %%CMYKCustomColor: 1 0.65098 0 0.301961 (PANTONE 288 CV)

> seems to get converted to an rgb in the pdf, color of  0 11 177 (0 0.043
> 0.698 rg) instead of 0 51 127

> Adobe Distiller converts the color ok....

> I assume it has something to do with the Ghostscript Defaults however I
> don't know which ones to change....

> Any hints are appreciated....?

Look into the gs documentation, there might be some hints on this issue.
If not, you could prepend sort of a setup file which defines the
conversion
as you need it.

Helge

--

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 01:15:14 GMT
 ps2pdf converts color incorrectly

Quote:

> When trying to convert a Postscript file via ghostscript ps2pdf we get odd
> color matching with Font Colors.

> A font color defined as
> %%+ (PANTONE 288 CV)
> %%CMYKCustomColor: 1 0.65098 0 0.301961 (PANTONE 288 CV)

> seems to get converted to an rgb in the pdf, color of  0 11 177 (0 0.043
> 0.698 rg) instead of 0 51 127

> Adobe Distiller converts the color ok....

How do you know 0 51 127 is "ok"? Of course Pantone agrees that it is
ok, but it depends on what they think should be the target RGB devide.
(I would be surprised, if Distiller did not include Pantone's RGB tables
for conversions.)

--
Matti Vuori
<http://sivut.koti.tpo.fi/mvuori>

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 07:06:43 GMT

1. Convert CMYK Color to RGB Color

2. Spot colors in ps2pdf (gs 6.51)

3. ps2pdf conversion... Black color problems

4. Trouble printing pdf files converted by ps2pdf

5. converting PS to PDF with ps2pdf

6. ps2pdf converted files not searchable

7. some fonts aren't converting with ps2pdf

8. Viewing text documents converted by gs5.10 ps2pdf

9. spot-colors when converting from EPS to PDF

10. Trying to convert a Color PS to B&W PDF

11. Howto Convert PS/PDF Color Files to Gray Scale

12. Help me convert system color NAMES to hex or RGB VALUES