GS crashes with Epson Color Stylus driver
Author Message
 GS crashes with Epson Color Stylus driver

I'm trying to use GS to print to an Epson Color Stylus Pro that I just
bought, but when I run GS, I get the following error:

        /ioerror in --%image_proc_continue--

I'm using the following command line:

        gs -sDEVICE=stcolor -r360x360 -dMicroweave -sOutputFile=/dev/lp1 \
                stcolor.ps lions.ps

GS can process "Lions.ps" just fine for other output devices.

I'm using GS version 4.03, under Linux 1.2.13.

Please help!

-Joel

|_|~~ Germany, Europe. 1940's   "The diameter of the bomb was 30 centimeters,
__|~| 16 Million DEAD.           and the diameter of its destruction, about 7
                                meters, and in it four killed and 11 wounded.
 cnc  Bosnia, Europe. 1990's    And around these, in a larger circle of  pain
 cnc  HOW MANY MORE?          and time,  are scattered two  hospitals and one
                          cemetery.   But the young woman who was  buried  in
                    the place from where she came, at a distance of more than
             than 100 kilometers, enlarges the circle considerably.   And the
      lonely man who is mourning her death in a distant  country incorporates
into the circle the whole world.  And I won't speak of the cry of the orphans
that reaches God's chair and from there makes the circle endless and godless."

Thu, 08 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 GS crashes with Epson Color Stylus driver

Quote:
>I'm trying to use GS to print to an Epson Color Stylus Pro that I just
>bought, but when I run GS, I get the following error:

>    /ioerror in --%image_proc_continue--

I found the problem, and it has nothing to do with the Epson driver
per se.  The problem was that I ran out of space on /tmp.  The ECS
driver was printing at 720x720, and so needed much larger temporary
files than the X window driver (at 72x72).

I want to publicly commend the author of the driver, who replied by
e-mail even before I could post this reponse, asking for a copy of the
file that was causing trouble.  Now >that's< service!

-Joel

|_|~~ Germany, Europe. 1940's   "The diameter of the bomb was 30 centimeters,
__|~| 16 Million DEAD.           and the diameter of its destruction, about 7
                                meters, and in it four killed and 11 wounded.
 cnc  Bosnia, Europe. 1990's    And around these, in a larger circle of  pain
 cnc  HOW MANY MORE?          and time,  are scattered two  hospitals and one
                          cemetery.   But the young woman who was  buried  in
                    the place from where she came, at a distance of more than
             than 100 kilometers, enlarges the circle considerably.   And the
      lonely man who is mourning her death in a distant  country incorporates
into the circle the whole world.  And I won't speak of the cry of the orphans
that reaches God's chair and from there makes the circle endless and godless."

Fri, 09 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. EPSON Stylus Color 600 device driver for gs 5.03

2. Wanted: gs-driver for the Epson Stylus Color

3. GS 2.6.1 driver for Epson Stylus Color Inkjet

4. Ghostscript/UNIPRINT driver for Epson Stylus Color 740

5. Ghostscript driver for Epson Stylus Color 740

6. Epson Stylus Color 3000 print driver file?

7. Can't find driver for Epson Stylus Color

8. Ghostview Printer Driver for Epson Stylus Color Printer?

9. ghostscript driver for epson stylus color printer

10. Drivers for Epson Stylus Color (ghostscript)?

11. GS drivers for Epson Stylus 640 - disappointing