Printing with GSV2.7 to Epson Stylus Color 600
Author Message
 Printing with GSV2.7 to Epson Stylus Color 600

Hi!  It would be great if someone could help me with this.

I am suddenly unable to correctly print a PS file on my Epson Sylus
Color 600 printer.  I am running under Win95.  I just now updated from
GSView 2.6 to 2.7, but the problem remains.

I have tried selecting different "devices" in the print menu, including
stcolor and epsonc.  With stcolor, the printer just feeds blank pages
until I cancel it.  With epsonc, files that are supposed to be on a
single page now spill on to a second page and are taking much longer to
print than before the problem arose.  The "Media" is set to "letter,"
and I am using letter-size (8.5x11inch) paper.

The files I'm now printing are the same files that used to print on the
same computer/printer/Win95 setup without problems some time ago.  I
don't recall what the printer device settings were when all working
well.

Thanks in advance.

Don Carlson

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing with GSV2.7 to Epson Stylus Color 600
If you use the Adobe PS driver, it makes for every change in the settings a
new WPX file. Look in your Windows directory for older WPX files. Maybe you
can find out what was different before.

Donald & Vanice schrieb:

Quote:
> Hi!  It would be great if someone could help me with this.

> I am suddenly unable to correctly print a PS file on my Epson Sylus
> Color 600 printer.  I am running under Win95.  I just now updated from
> GSView 2.6 to 2.7, but the problem remains.

> I have tried selecting different "devices" in the print menu, including
> stcolor and epsonc.  With stcolor, the printer just feeds blank pages
> until I cancel it.  With epsonc, files that are supposed to be on a
> single page now spill on to a second page and are taking much longer to
> print than before the problem arose.  The "Media" is set to "letter,"
> and I am using letter-size (8.5x11inch) paper.

> The files I'm now printing are the same files that used to print on the
> same computer/printer/Win95 setup without problems some time ago.  I
> don't recall what the printer device settings were when all working
> well.

> Thanks in advance.

> Don Carlson

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing with GSV2.7 to Epson Stylus Color 600

 It might work to select mswinpr2 in the Device field of the Print menu.

 Alternatively, you could use PSview 1.3:

ftp://www.astro.queensu.ca/pub/grtensor/Windows/PSview_1_3.exe

 This is a 4.2 megabyte compressed file.

  Bob C.

> Hi!  It would be great if someone could help me with this.

> I am suddenly unable to correctly print a PS file on my Epson Sylus
> Color 600 printer.  I am running under Win95.  I just now updated from
> GSView 2.6 to 2.7, but the problem remains.

> I have tried selecting different "devices" in the print menu, including
> stcolor and epsonc.  With stcolor, the printer just feeds blank pages
> until I cancel it.  With epsonc, files that are supposed to be on a
> single page now spill on to a second page and are taking much longer to
> print than before the problem arose.  The "Media" is set to "letter,"
> and I am using letter-size (8.5x11inch) paper.

> The files I'm now printing are the same files that used to print on the
> same computer/printer/Win95 setup without problems some time ago.  I
> don't recall what the printer device settings were when all working
> well.

> Thanks in advance.

> Don Carlson

"In order for a scientific revolution to occur,
  most scientists have to be wrong"
              -- Bob Clark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Epson Stylus Color 600, ghostscript, uniprint

2. How can I use an Epson Stylus 600 color with ghostview

3. EPSON Stylus Color 600 device driver for gs 5.03

4. Epson Color Stylus 600 with MkLinux

5. Epson Stylus Color 600 and Linux

6. GS 4.03 and Epson Stylus Color 600

7. Ghostscript and Epson Stylus Color 600 and 800

8. Epson Stylus 600 low at printing

9. trouble printing certain PostScript pages (ghostscript 5.10, epson stylus 600)

10. Epson Stylus Color 800: Problems with Color Printing

11. a2ps: Fixing medium margins for Epson Stylus 600

12. How To configure EPSON Stylus 600 with RedMon/WinNT