Where can I get info on Acrobat? Is it available?
Author Message
 Where can I get info on Acrobat? Is it available?

See subject
--
Lev Belov
Avance Technologies, Inc.           Phone: (415) 599-0312

Sun, 20 Aug 1995 03:06:59 GMT
 Where can I get info on Acrobat? Is it available?

I have a document from Adobe called "Adobe(TM) Acrobat(TM) Products &
Technology" dated November, 1992. It says that Acrobat(TM) is a
family of products "that enables users to read, navigate and print
documents represented in a special cross-platform file format, the
Portable Document Format (PDF). Acrobat viewers will be available
for Macintosh(r), Windows, DOS and UNIX(r) platforms."

Also, there is a thing called Acrobat Distiller(TM) - "a software
that translates postscript(TM) language files into PDF, the file
format for cros-platform documents. Acrobat Distiler software will
be available for Macintosh, Windows, and UNIX platforms." But
presumably not DOS.

Also, there is a thing called Acrobat PDF Writer (what, not (TM)???).
"A specially designed printer driver that produces PDF files from
applications. PDF Writers will come with Acrobat Viewers for Macintosh and
Windows [I guess not DOS or UNIX], the environments where such a driver
will be the primary means of producing files in the Acrobat PDF format.

I also have a business card attached to the document. It is from

Gary Cosimini
Bus. Dev. Manager
Adobe Systems Incorporated
885 Third Avenue
28th floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 230-3267
FAX (212) 230-3264
VM (415)962-4800 ext. 1112

The intent of Acrobat seems to be Paperless Publishing [no TM].
If there is some interest in the rest of this document, I might be
convinced to post the whole thing.

--
Rod Keller

Sun, 20 Aug 1995 20:57:30 GMT
 Where can I get info on Acrobat? Is it available?

Quote:

>I have a document from Adobe called "Adobe(TM) Acrobat(TM) Products &
>Technology" dated November, 1992. It says that Acrobat(TM) is a
>family of products "that enables users to read, navigate and print
>documents represented in a special cross-platform file format, the
>Portable Document Format (PDF). Acrobat viewers will be available
>for Macintosh(r), Windows, DOS and UNIX(r) platforms."

>Also, there is a thing called Acrobat Distiller(TM) - "a software
>that translates PostScript(TM) language files into PDF, the file
>format for cros-platform documents. Acrobat Distiler software will
>be available for Macintosh, Windows, and UNIX platforms." But
>presumably not DOS.

>Also, there is a thing called Acrobat PDF Writer (what, not (TM)???).
>"A specially designed printer driver that produces PDF files from
>applications. PDF Writers will come with Acrobat Viewers for Macintosh and
>Windows [I guess not DOS or UNIX], the environments where such a driver
>will be the primary means of producing files in the Acrobat PDF format.

>I also have a business card attached to the document. It is from

>Gary Cosimini
>Bus. Dev. Manager
>Adobe Systems Incorporated
>885 Third Avenue
>28th floor
>New York, NY 10022
>(212) 230-3267
>FAX (212) 230-3264
>VM (415)962-4800 ext. 1112

>The intent of Acrobat seems to be Paperless Publishing [no TM].
>If there is some interest in the rest of this document, I might be
>convinced to post the whole thing.

>--
>Rod Keller

I just attended the ATXPO93 in Santa Clara where Adobe demonstrated
Acrobat.  The product has just been released to Beta sites and is
expected to ship around June of this year.  This is very exciting
technology.  If you want information call Adobe at 415-961-4400.
They have a nice press release that describes the product.

----------------------
 Dave Davisson

 CIS: 76267,505

Wed, 23 Aug 1995 04:20:39 GMT

1. Acrobat Chatroom Now Available

2. Acrobat Reader for free Unices available?

3. HELP!!! Cmd.CreateParameter I am getting crazy

4. I am getting errors I can't pin down

5. Please Help: Why am I now getting this error

6. Why am I getting this error ?

7. No one has gotten back to me on this yet so I am reposting

8. Getting System Info

9. Getting PPD info into a PS file

10. getting afm info from mac postscript

11. Getting Registry Info from Client side VBScript

12. getting detailed version info?