Epson 640 and Ghostscript
Author Message
 Epson 640 and Ghostscript

I'm using the stc600##.upp uniprint driver in Aladdin Ghostscript v5.50 with
my STC 640 printer, but the printouts ugly. The colors are bad, and the dots
are very big.
Anyone have a good uniprint config file for the STC640?

Thanks,

Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Epson 640 and Ghostscript

Quote:
>'m using the stc600##.upp uniprint driver in Aladdin Ghostscript v5.50
with
>my STC 640 printer, but the printouts ugly. The colors are bad, and the
dots
>are very big.
>Anyone have a good uniprint config file for the STC640?

I encountered a similar problem (using STC640, gs5.50, Linux)
and would also be interested in a good .upp file.

More specifically, everything comes out a bit too red,
e.g., blue is printed as purple, etc.
After playing a bit with the the intensity values
(forgot what they are called - cannot look it up right now)
in the .upp file, I managed to get a good looking color test pattern
(from a ps file included in the gs distribution)
but then the printout of a photograph came out way too blue.
Next thing I did was to try out a sheet of  this glossy inkjet paper,
with the stc600##.upp driver (##=ih or similar) for 1440x720 dots/inch.
The improvement was dramatic, but the picture was too dark - too much
ink.
So I modified that .upp file by multiplying all the intensity values
(in the lists { ... 0.4000}) by 3/4, and the result was quite good.
Now I am using this modified driver for plain paper as well,
but things still come out too red (and printing is very slow).

- Hans Koch

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error in PS (Ghostscript) Printing On Epson 640

2. ghostscript-driver for epson stylus 640

3. GS drivers for Epson Stylus 640 - disappointing

4. Printing 720x720 with an Epson Stylus 640

5. Changing settings LaserWriter 12/640 PS using PostScript

6. Is Epson Stylus Color 440/640 Compatible with GS ?

7. EPSON C20SX uniprint from Ghostscript does not work

8. Alladin ghostscript and Epson stylus color 800

9. Does Ghostscript support Epson Stylus C70?

10. Ghostscript epson MJ-810C

11. large format and ghostscript: encad and epson?