Conflicting patches for gdevxini.c
Author Message
 Conflicting patches for gdevxini.c

I have gotten two different, overlapping patches for gdevxini.c to fix
problems in Ghostview.  Ricard Torres suggests a patch to recompute PageSize
from HWSize and HWResolution.  Tanmoy Bhattacharya suggests a patch in the
same place to set ImagingBBox.

The real problem is that the semantics of Ghostview's communication with
Ghostscript are a mess.  They were designed as a hack for the Level 1
Ghostscript and have never been redesigned in light of the more extensive
Level 2 facilities for specifying transformations, resolutions, and
clipping.

I will put both these patches in the next release, but I wouldn't be
surprised if some other particular case then stops working.  I don't take
any responsibility for Ghostview, GSView, or any other previewer built on
top of Ghostscript.

L. Peter Deutsch :: Aladdin Enterprises :: P.O. box 60264, Palo Alto, CA 94306

            "Implementation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Fri, 10 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Official Patch 9 for Psroff 3.0 (emergency patch)

2. gs3.33 bug in using geometry argument (gdevxini.c)

3. acrobat and XP conflict

4. doc written dhtml conflict with site code - not for the faint of heart

5. EPS Encoding Conflict PC->MAC

6. conflict redmon gs 7.03

7. Conflicting encoding question

8. conflicting frames in vbscript

9. PS utility that detects bind conflicts (Long)

10. Postscript conflict with Word for Windows 7

11. Mapping drive conflict

12. mac font conflict program--testors needed