inserting an image into a ps
Author Message
 inserting an image into a ps
I have the following problem which must be solved with commandline
unix-tools.

I have a program that makes a .ps file (one page).  I need to insert a
background picture into this page, but i haven't seen a program that can do
this...

Is it posible? (without writing a program myself :)

/Dennis

Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:27:48 GMT
 inserting an image into a ps
Quote:
> Is it posible?

Yes, it is possible and relatively simple.

Quote:
> (without writing a program myself :)

Yes, you could hire a programmer :)

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 03:18:44 GMT
 inserting an image into a ps

Quote:
> > Is it posible?
> Yes, it is possible and relatively simple.

An example would be nice :)

Quote:
> > (without writing a program myself :)
> Yes, you could hire a programmer :)

Nahh... I'm not making any money from this, so no :)

/Dennis

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 03:17:59 GMT
 inserting an image into a ps

Quote:

>I have the following problem which must be solved with commandline
>unix-tools.

>I have a program that makes a .ps file (one page).  I need to insert a
>background picture into this page, but i haven't seen a program that can do
>this...

>Is it posible? (without writing a program myself :)

It is certainly a programming exercise. The graphic must be in EPS
format, as only postscript can be directly inserted (well, sometimes
JPEG too).  You would have to add the code to save, scale and
translate the EPS, disable showpage; then the code of the EPS; then
restore. You may have to allow for changes to the CTM before the point
you want to insert.

Sometimes it is comparatively easy to find the insertion point by eye.
Sometimes it is difficult or impossible.  Writing a program in the
general case is similarly difficult, but for specific cases may be
comparatively simple.

There is no magic "insertgraphicintops" unix command.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 03:40:12 GMT
 inserting an image into a ps
It's easy to do if you have Distiller. Of course you end up with a pdf file,
not a ps file, but what were you going to do with the ps file anyway?

Quote:
> I have the following problem which must be solved with commandline
> unix-tools.

> I have a program that makes a .ps file (one page).  I need to insert a
> background picture into this page, but i haven't seen a program that can
do
> this...

> Is it posible? (without writing a program myself :)

> /Dennis

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:37:13 GMT
 inserting an image into a ps

Quote:

> Is it posible? (without writing a program myself :)

You could check what{*filter*}makes out of the \special{psfile=..} and \epsffile
commands.

--

Linux New Media AG    | phone  +49 (0) 89 993411-20 | today. Also the rent.
Stefan-George-Ring 24 | fax    +49 (0) 89 993411-99 |

Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:28:57 GMT
 inserting an image into a ps

Quote:

> >I have the following problem which must be solved with commandline
> >unix-tools.

> >I have a program that makes a .ps file (one page).  I need to insert a
> >background picture into this page, but i haven't seen a program that can do
> >this...

> >Is it posible? (without writing a program myself :)

> It is certainly a programming exercise. The graphic must be in EPS
> format, as only PostScript can be directly inserted (well, sometimes
> JPEG too).  You would have to add the code to save, scale and
> translate the EPS, disable showpage; then the code of the EPS; then
> restore. You may have to allow for changes to the CTM before the point
> you want to insert.

> Sometimes it is comparatively easy to find the insertion point by eye.
> Sometimes it is difficult or impossible.  Writing a program in the
> general case is similarly difficult, but for specific cases may be
> comparatively simple.

> There is no magic "insertgraphicintops" unix command.

> Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
> PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Detailed JPEG insertion routines appear at http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The latest emulate HTML multiple thumbnails as a single file.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics   3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 11:26:08 GMT
 inserting an image into a ps
Hi

You can use something like Perl or AWK, a two or three line program will do.
Insert the following line.

(/usr/pics/mypic.ps) run

Update the path to siut you. Use any postscript printer driver to print the
graphic to PS.

Thats all.
Warren.

Quote:
> It's easy to do if you have Distiller. Of course you end up with a pdf
file,
> not a ps file, but what were you going to do with the ps file anyway?

> > I have the following problem which must be solved with commandline
> > unix-tools.

> > I have a program that makes a .ps file (one page).  I need to insert a
> > background picture into this page, but i haven't seen a program that can
> do
> > this...

> > Is it posible? (without writing a program myself :)

> > /Dennis

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:42:47 GMT

1. How to insert an image into a ps-file?

2. How do I insert a PS image to another PS file

3. auto-image insert in new email

4. Anyone, What is the best way to insert an image on multiple pages

5. insert a postscript image in ms word

6. How to insert an image in the body of a vbmail object

7. How Insert a Image in a Chart Background

8. Insert Image into SQL Server using ASP

9. insert text into Encapsulated postscript file of shaded color image - floppy.doc [01/01]

10. programatically insert image data into MS Access

11. insert into or insert

12. GS PS to PDF: images in QMS PS won't compress