PS to PDF distilling via Ghostscript is SLOW....
Author Message
 PS to PDF distilling via Ghostscript is SLOW....

Quote:

>> Is there any reason why distilling using Ghostscript and
>> the pdfwrite device should be extremely slow?

>> Same file on same machine distills using Acrobat distiller
>> in about 2.5 minutes. Using Ghostscript, it takes about an hour.

>> File generated with Word 97.
>> Running on Pentium NT.
>> Ghostscript 5.10
>How big was the file? Ratio/complexity of text/graphics?
>I used ps2pdf and was reasonably satisfied with the speed:
>4 pages text & line drawings (PICT)
>file saved in MS Word 4
>Mac LC3
>GS 5.10
>about 2 minutes

That's slow as molasses, unless those picts are really enormous.

Marcel

Sun, 03 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. does Ghostscript 5.03 distill PS-->PDF?

2. Need to convert PS to PDF, clipping all 4 edges, via Ghostscript

3. Problem displaying a PDF-distilled PS file

4. converting pdf into 2up pdf/ps using Ghostscript

5. distill the upper left corner of an A4 postscript page into PDF in Unix

6. Re-distilling encrypted PDF files, is this possible?

7. Distilling different page sizes in one pdf

8. Distilling different page sizes to one PDF

9. adjusting bottom margin - PS to PDF conv via Distiller

10. inputs via vbs in Excel is very, very slow when partsum assistent is used

11. Ghostscript + distill?

12. PS Page Counting ( not via GhostScript)