HP4MV printer banner page(2nd post)
Author Message
 HP4MV printer banner page(2nd post)

I have a HP4MV printer connected to ethernet network.
The printer is used as a network printer via TCP/IP and
its own jetdirect lpd protocol.

I am using lpr to print files from SGI machine. I loaded
bsdlpr from the IRIX CD. I disabled the lp daemon.
As we have many workstations which support only lpr not lp,
I am using lpr instead lp.

I diabale the banner or heading by setting sb and sh in the
printcap file but it does not work.

From last post, I heard about the use of -h option.
It works fine for normal lpr command(shell level).

But for some applications which have built-in print control menu
(such as ghostscript, showcase, unichem, and so on), it is impossible
to give -h option inside the application.

I would like know the way to solve this problem.
Is it possible to disable the printing of banner page by controling
the printer?

Samsung Adv. Inst. Tech.     P.O. Box 111, Suwon, 440-600, KOREA
Tel: 82-331-280-8255         Fax: 82-331-280-9158

Sat, 13 Sep 1997 10:04:44 GMT
 HP4MV printer banner page(2nd post)

Quote:

>I have a HP4MV printer connected to ethernet network.
>The printer is used as a network printer via TCP/IP and
>its own jetdirect lpd protocol.

>I am using lpr to print files from SGI machine. I loaded
>bsdlpr from the IRIX CD. I disabled the lp daemon.
>As we have many workstations which support only lpr not lp,
>I am using lpr instead lp.

>I diabale the banner or heading by setting sb and sh in the
>printcap file but it does not work.

>From last post, I heard about the use of -h option.
>It works fine for normal lpr command(shell level).

>But for some applications which have built-in print control menu
>(such as ghostscript, showcase, unichem, and so on), it is impossible
>to give -h option inside the application.

>I would like know the way to solve this problem.
>Is it possible to disable the printing of banner page by controling
>the printer?

>Samsung Adv. Inst. Tech.     P.O. Box 111, Suwon, 440-600, KOREA
>Tel: 82-331-280-8255         Fax: 82-331-280-9158

Use hpdriver, whic is available at ftp.cs.umn.edu in directory users/lemay

-Lawrence LeMay

Sun, 14 Sep 1997 02:32:12 GMT

1. postscript for printer banner page wanted.

2. 2nd Post: IFRAME DIVs and form fields

3. 2nd post - Stopping a service

4. showModalDialog not returning any value....2nd post.

5. require form before dowload - 2nd post

6. Filtering words - 2nd post

7. Line Break - 2nd Post

8. 2nd Post: IFRAME DIVs and form fields

9. 2nd Post: Programmatically controlling printing...

10. 2nd Post - AT Jobs not starting WSHs

11. Obfuscated PostScript contest (2nd posting)

12. Accounting info on banner page