Questions about BROTHER HL-8 and fonts/memory/postscript etc.
Author Message
 Questions about BROTHER HL-8 and fonts/memory/postscript etc.

I've just bought a BROTHER HL-8 laser printer secondhand and I have a few
questions about it.

I have noticed that it bears remarkable similarity to the HP Laserjet I printer
and that it has two slots beneath the paper tray.

As the printer can emulate the HP Laserjet +, am I correct in assuming that
the slots will take normal HP font cartridges (or indeed the postscript one) ?

If not, will any other manufacturers cartridges work ?

Next question, It has 1/2 meg memory - can I up that to at least a meg (either
with a kit - or a soldering iron and a handful of chips ?)

Finally - sometimes after power on, it display the emulation type and ram size
etc but then stays permanently in the WAIT state - as if were still warming up.
Any ideas why ?

Thanx in advance

Ian

Sun, 12 Sep 1993 21:34:11 GMT

1. Support for Brother HL-1060 printer

2. Ghostscript driver for Brother HL-1240 printer

3. GhostView and Brother HL-1250

4. Ghostscript driver for Brother HL-720?

5. Help: printer (brother HL-1020) doesn't print PS

6. BROTHER HL-1020

7. Brother HL-720 and MS Visual C++

8. Win95 PS print driver for Brother HL-10PS/DPS

9. Aladdin Ghostscript: Brother HL-760 supported?

10. DVIPS to HL-8PS Brother laser printer

11. PostScript RAM questions etc.

12. Retrieve System Information (memory, disk space, etc...)