three Qs concerning ps and gv
Author Message
 three Qs concerning ps and gv

Hi, I have some questions concerning postscript and viewers for
postscript.

1) By now, I use gv.  It's a great viewer but there's nothing which
couldn't be improved.
The last version I know of is 3.5.8 (06-21-97).  Will there be a new
version some time?

2) One thing that bugs me about gv is that it's not stopping to build
the current page, in case you switch to another page.  ghostview does a
good job with this but all in all, gv is much better than ghostview.
Now my question: Are there other viewers out there (for **IX) which are
even better than gv?

3) Have a look at this ps-file

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~scholz/test.ps

gv renders it well but when you choose to view it in landscape, the
letters look fuzzy.  Magnified, you can see this effect more clearly.
Does anyone have an explanation?

Thank you for your answers,

Uli
--
Ulrich Scholz

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~scholz/

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 three Qs concerning ps and gv

Quote:

> 3) Have a look at this ps-file

> http://www.intellektik.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/~scholz/test.ps

> gv renders it well but when you choose to view it in landscape, the
> letters look fuzzy.  Magnified, you can see this effect more clearly.
> Does anyone have an explanation?

It's probably due to the letters being rendered as bitmaps.

Helge
--

Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:35:20 GMT

1. encoding technique: three ps files

2. Can't view .ps file created in Win95 from gv in UNIX

3. keeping gv pagination of .ps file

4. Fix ps files (gv can't go to the previous pages)

5. Misplaced GV reference in April PS utilities review

6. Three hole on wrong side

7. Three New Decorative Fonts to Try for Free

8. Mix three documents in W95

9. Merge three documents

10. three web site problems to solve

11. "MsgBox" with three buttons