GS 3.33 for OS/2 and the PDF Interpreter
Author Message
 GS 3.33 for OS/2 and the PDF Interpreter

     I ftp'd GS 3.33 as soon as it became available specifically to take advantage
of the PDF support.  Unfortunately, it appears that the interpreter has to be
recompiled with PDF as an optional feature.  The binary (GSOS2.EXE) as shipped
doesn't have the support built in.

     I don't have the facilities to recompile GSOS2.EXE.  Could someone that
already has it with the PDF option please send it to me, or make it available
via ftp?  Thanks a bunch!

Mon, 06 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 GS 3.33 for OS/2 and the PDF Interpreter

Quote:
>     I ftp'd GS 3.33 as soon as it became available specifically to take advantage
>of the PDF support.  Unfortunately, it appears that the interpreter has to be
>recompiled with PDF as an optional feature.  The binary (GSOS2.EXE) as shipped
>doesn't have the support built in.
>     I don't have the facilities to recompile GSOS2.EXE.  Could someone that
>already has it with the PDF option please send it to me, or make it available
>via ftp?  Thanks a bunch!

Done.  I have updated
  ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/ghost/aladdin/gs333os2.zip
--

Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
Monash University, Australia

Tue, 07 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 GS 3.33 for OS/2 and the PDF Interpreter

Quote:
>      I ftp'd GS 3.33 as soon as it became available specifically to take advantage
> of the PDF support.  Unfortunately, it appears that the interpreter has to be
> recompiled with PDF as an optional feature.  The binary (GSOS2.EXE) as shipped
> doesn't have the support built in.
>      I don't have the facilities to recompile GSOS2.EXE.  Could someone that
> already has it with the PDF option please send it to me, or make it available
> via ftp?  Thanks a bunch!

There's a new os2 binary on fyvie.cs.wisc.edu

Free software means: Contribute nothing, expect nothing

Tue, 07 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 GS 3.33 for OS/2 and the PDF Interpreter

Quote:

>>     I don't have the facilities to recompile GSOS2.EXE.  Could someone that
>>already has it with the PDF option please send it to me, or make it available
>>via ftp?  Thanks a bunch!
>Done.  I have updated
>  ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/ghost/aladdin/gs333os2.zip

I have also updated GSview so that it can recognise PDF files.

GSview 1.21 beta is available from
  ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/ghost/rjl/gsvw121b.zip

The PDF support for OS/2 allows GSview to recognise PDF files
and to display or print selected pages.  As far as I know,
this is the only PDF viewer available for OS/2!
Current problems are that it requires two passes with Ghostscript
which makes it a bit slow, and that tranformations such as zoom
and rotation don't work.
See the GSview online help topic "Installation, Portable Document Format"

The Ghostscript, Ghostview and GSview WWW home page is at
   http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.html

--

Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
Monash University, Australia

Sun, 12 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. gs 3.33 PDF fails with Cornell PDF documents

2. GS 3.33 and PDF

3. GS 3.33 compiled with PDF option

4. Multi-page PDF fails on GS 3.33

5. GSview13, GhostScript 3.33 and OS/2 Warp

6. GS Crashes with PDf on OS/2...

7. GS 5.03 + OS/2 + DeScribe + PDF = doesn't work

8. ps2epsi for gs 3.33

9. eps->eps with preview, with gs 3.33

10. Q: Canon BJC-4550 device driver for gs (2.6.1, 3.33)

11. Fax Driver Probs in GS 3.33 and 4.03

12. EPS to JPEG with gs 3.33?