Image Alchemy PS - what RIP?
Author Message
 Image Alchemy PS - what RIP?

says...

Quote:
> Does anyone know if the postscript interpreter inside
> Image Alchemy is one they wrote themselves, or if
> they are using someone else's (GhostScript, Jaws, Harlequin...)

Its not Jaws. If I had to guess I'd suspect GhostScript.

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Image Alchemy PS - what RIP?

Quote:

>Does anyone know if the PostScript interpreter inside
>Image Alchemy is one they wrote themselves, or if
>they are using someone else's (GhostScript, Jaws, Harlequin...)

I heard it was GhostScript, but try this, it might work!

%!
statusdict begin product end
72 500 moveto /Helvetica findfont 20 scalefont setfont
(Product=) show show showpage

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Image Alchemy PS - what RIP?

: Image Alchemy uses Ghostscript or a form of it. They are licensed by Aladdin
: to have the code and modify it and put their name on it.

Hello, there, and as a beta tester for Image Alchemy PS, I can confirm
that indeed it uses a PostScript RIP from Aladdin Enterprises, the
developers of Ghostscript.

Incidentally, when I tried the code Aandi suggested for the product
identication, I got "Image Alchemy PS" -- a not illogical result.

Most respectfully,

Margo Schulter

Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. PS Rip for Mac Needed (Comp proofs of sep'd PS files)

2. Scaling a TIFF-image with harlequin RIP

3. Linotype RIP/Lino 330/linotype ethernet card/Rip PC

4. Adding colorbars to PS files at the RIP

5. invalidaccess PS rip error message

6. Looking for PS RIP under UNIX

7. RIP to combine separated PS

8. rotate ps before rip

9. PS Rip for MGI film recorder

10. Transverter Pro 3.0 for Mac (PS RIP)