Multiple Master fonts?
Author Message
 Multiple Master fonts?

My postscript laser printer came with two multiple master fonts:
AdobeSansMM, and AdobeSerifMM. How do I go about using them? Anyone
have a sample program shoing how great they are?

 John Paul Morrison
 University of British Columbia, Canada
 Electrical Engineering

Mon, 06 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Master fonts?

Quote:
>My PostScript laser printer came with two multiple master fonts:
>AdobeSansMM, and AdobeSerifMM. How do I go about using them? Anyone
>have a sample program shoing how great they are?

These two fonts are used only by Adobe Acrobat and can't be used directly by other applications.

Tue, 07 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Master fonts?
"My PostScript laser printer came with two multiple master fonts:
AdobeSansMM, and AdobeSerifMM. How do I go about using them?
Anyone
have a sample program shoing how great they are?"

You can't. These don't come with a printer but with the
Adobe Acrobat Reader, and it's the only thing which can
use them.

--
Aandi Inston

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Master fonts?

Quote:
>"My PostScript laser printer came with two multiple master fonts:

 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
>AdobeSansMM, and AdobeSerifMM. How do I go about using them?
>Anyone
>have a sample program shoing how great they are?"

>You can't. These don't come with a printer but with the
>Adobe Acrobat Reader, and it's the only thing which can
>use them.

Like I *said* my printer has these two fonts built into it,
so they certainly *do* come with some printers.

I downloaded a technical note from Adobe that describes the Multiple
Master extensions to the Type 1 fonts. But I haven't seen info on
how to use Multiple Master fonts and exploit their features.

Quote:

>--
>Aandi Inston

 John Paul Morrison
 University of British Columbia, Canada
 Electrical Engineering

Tue, 14 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Master fonts?
">You can't. These don't come with a printer but with the

Quote:
>Adobe Acrobat Reader, and it's the only thing which can
>use them.

Like I *said* my printer has these two fonts built into it,
so they certainly *do* come with some printers. "

Are you sure? It's not impossible, but I don't see the use
since, as I say, these fonts are designed for Acrobat to
use. They are not usable as normal Multiple Master fonts,
so far as I understand. I'd be interested to know what
printer it is...

--
Aandi Inston

Sat, 18 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. PDF, Font Substitution, and Multiple Master Fonts

2. Adobe's Multiple Master Fonts

3. Instantiation of Multiple Master fonts

4. How to instantiate Multiple Master font?

5. Multiple Master fonts

6. Win95: Adobe Multiple master font problem

7. Announcement: New Multiple Master Font Resource

8. Multiple Master Fonts

9. multiple master fonts

10. Adobe's multiple master fonts

11. Multiple Master Fonts

12. Generating AFMs for Multiple Master Fonts?