Printing 'behind' a page
Author Message
 Printing 'behind' a page

I'm having a printing problem!  I have [several] graphics pages that I want to
print twice, once 'as is' and once with the word "COPY" printed 'behind' the
page.
I'm using ps files generated from PageMaker on an IBM (not by choice,
really ;-)
I have found the place where the showpage is executed, and I figured that I
could just substitute a couple of commands in there to do the job.
{gsave showpage grestore}
I tried:
{gsave copypage logo showpage grestore}
and
{gsave copypage gsave logo grestore showpage grestore}  (in the hopes of saving
the page and restoring the image onto the 'COPY').
Both of these caused the word COPY (printed large scale at .95 greyscale)
to obscure words on the page.  I now know that 'printed white' will blot out
previously printed text.
(I'm using logo to print COPY)
How can I make the 'COPY' appear behind the printed page?

Thanks,
Kurt

Sun, 10 Oct 1993 01:44:36 GMT
 Printing 'behind' a page
Quote:

> Both of these caused the word COPY (printed large scale at .95 greyscale)
> to obscure words on the page.  I now know that 'printed white' will blot out
> previously printed text.
> (I'm using logo to print COPY)
> How can I make the 'COPY' appear behind the printed page?

Look for the page START code not the page ending code.  You migh be able to
put it AFTER the showpage command, if there is no start page command.  I
think that will do it for you.
Cheers
Woody
Quote:

> Thanks,
> Kurt

Sun, 10 Oct 1993 11:12:49 GMT
 Printing 'behind' a page
If it's a single page, put
        gsave copy grestore
at the top, provided that the program doesn't do things like flood the page
with white or things like that.

if it's multi-page, then you can (probably) get away with putting the above
line at the top, and after the showpage routine.  I.e., a lot of things have

/sp {showpage} def

at which point, you'd probably want to modify it to

/sp {showpage gsave copy grestore} def

hope this helps,
dave

Mon, 11 Oct 1993 06:18:05 GMT
 Printing 'behind' a page
<How can I make the 'COPY' appear behind the printed page?

It has to be printed FIRST.  Then anything placed on the page afterwords will
either obscure (if printed in white on white) portions of the COPY or just be
place in top of it.  If the COPY is gray shaded, then stuff printed after
in black will show up as if they were on top, but COPY must be laid down
first on the page.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\          spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown

Mon, 11 Oct 1993 01:43:17 GMT

1. estefana's yogi creeps for our book after we jump behind it

2. how do I display a 'page loading...'- image while actual page is loading

3. Last Page Won't Print (Sometimes)

4. can't print multiple pages in postscript

5. GhostScript won't print to a single page

6. ghostscript won't print landscape PDF page

7. Can't print man pages on HP Laserjet 4MV

8. PS Doesn't Print Blank Pages?

9. Page numbers don't print !?

10. Can't print page headers with ghostscript

11. Help with 'ps', how to print postscript centered on A3

12. generating 'page independent' ps