How to set margins in Ghostscript?
Author Message
 How to set margins in Ghostscript?

Hi

I'm using Ghostscript as filter to print postscript files to HP-4P
under Linux. However, it happens to me that if I print a page with
1 inch margin in each side, the output will have 1.2 inch at top,
0.8 inch at bottom, 1 inch at left & right.

So, my question is how to correct this. At first sight, it doesn't
seem very matter, but when printing some postscript files without
margin I miss something at the bottom.

Thanks!

Chingfung

Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to set margins in Ghostscript?
: Hi

: I'm using Ghostscript as filter to print postscript files to HP-4P
: under Linux. However, it happens to me that if I print a page with
: 1 inch margin in each side, the output will have 1.2 inch at top,
: 0.8 inch at bottom, 1 inch at left & right.

: So, my question is how to correct this. At first sight, it doesn't
: seem very matter, but when printing some postscript files without
: margin I miss something at the bottom.

: Thanks!

: Chingfung

You can insert the following line into your PS file in the beginning part:

0 14.4 translate

If the coordinate system is rescaled in your PS file, be sure to do the
above mentioned work before it.

Weichao Wang
University of Hamburg

Fri, 20 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ghostscript ? How do I set top margins

2. Ghostscript margins and hardware clipping margins.

3. setting margins in gs\gsview

4. Setting Margins

5. How to set margins and offset for HP laserjet III with gs 5.10

6. set print page margin?

7. Setting Margins on a PostScript printer

8. Margin and Font setting questions.

9. GS3.12 -- margin and papersize setting for HPLJ4L

10. Configuring ghostscript margins on Linux.

11. PostScript on non-PS printer [ GhostScript Margin Question ]

12. Please Help: Ghostscript margins for various devices