redirecting non-PS to a file
Author Message
 redirecting non-PS to a file

Please direct me to a different newsgroup (comp.pc.??) if this isn't
the place for this Q.

I'm using a DOS program that expects to print directly to a dinky
parallel printer of some sort. The computer is on a Novell network
with an HPIIIsi in PS mode, so I can't print anything.

What I would like to do is redirect the output (from lpt1 or lpt2) to
a file so I could use some other utility to print it to the HPIIIsi or
transport by floppy to some other place.

Tech support at the software place thought there was a utility
something like "lprx" or "lpxr" to do this.

archie inundated me with lpr* items. Does anybody out there know
_where_ to get the _right_ thing?

Any other suggested solutions to this problem? Switching the HP to
something other than PS is out (the secretaries would kill me).

Thanks in advance.

Thu, 09 Feb 1995 08:55:52 GMT

1. need to embed non-ps executable code into *.ps file

2. PS file to non PS capable printers

3. Printing PS files to a non-PS printer under Windows95

4. Printing a PS file on a non-PS printer

5. printing ps files in non-ps printers

6. Printing PS files on non-PS printers!

7. printing a .ps file on a non-postscript printer.N°2

8. Help manipulating non-standard PS file (?)

9. Printing postscript files on non-ps printer (Linux)

10. How to change a non-DSC ps file to DSC

11. Non-standard ps file to dos?

12. Mac PS file on non-Apple printer