Connecting HP Laserjet 4M to Unix
Author Message
 Connecting HP Laserjet 4M to Unix

      Hi, I'm trying to connect the HP Laserjet 4M printer to a Sun computer,
and the problem is, that I can't find an /etc/printcap, that works correctly.
      The printer is connected to serial port and is working correctly
with printcap for line printer. The printer is connected to a PC, too and
prints plain texts and postscript files correctly.
      May be, anyone can help me to find the /etc/printcap for this printer.

 BBBBBBB   +--------------------------------------------------------+  IIIIII

 BBBBBBB   |     Systems Staff  | PHONE: 04-294428, home: 04-327691 |    II
 BB    BB  |         Faculty of Industrial Engineering              |    II
 BB    BB  |         Technion, 32000 Haifa, Israel                  |    II
 BBBBBBB   +--------------------------------------------------------+  IIIIII

Fri, 15 Nov 1996 18:11:51 GMT
 Connecting HP Laserjet 4M to Unix

Quote:
(Israel Bravo) writes:

    *   Hi, I'm trying to connect the HP Laserjet 4M printer to a
    *   Sun computer, and the problem is, that I can't find an
    *   /etc/printcap, that works correctly.  The printer is
    *   connected to serial port and is working correctly with
    *   printcap for line printer. The printer is connected to a
    *   PC, too and prints plain texts and postscript files correctly.
    *   May be, anyone can help me to find the /etc/printcap for
    *   this printer.
This question would probably be better answered if you post it to
comp.sys.sun.admin or comp.sys.sun.misc.  The issue of printcap
files for printers connected to UNIX machines really has very little
to do with PostScript.   At one time in history Sun system admins
were creating a ``printcap city'' archive for every printer they
could find.  I don't know if they're still doing that, but the 4M
is a pretty common printer so you're more likely to find an answer
in the Sun newsgroups.

        ........  Henry

Sat, 16 Nov 1996 00:28:54 GMT

1. Yo! HP (HP LaserJet 4M SIMM bug)

2. Postscript problem on HP Laserjet 4M+

3. HP LaserJet 4M Bug Fixed??

4. Problems with HP Laserjet 4M ?

5. Mac G4 Chooser HP LaserJet 4M...??

6. SUMMARY: hp laserjet 4m plus ERROR: undefined OFFENDING COMMAND: &k2G

7. PostScript to HP LaserJet 4m Plus

8. HP LaserJet 4m manual feed tray postscript code

9. 300dpi in HP Laserjet 4m plus

10. PPD description file for HP Laserjet 4M

11. FrameMaker 4 trouble with HP LaserJet 4M

12. DVIPS for HP Laserjet 4M on VAX