Bitmap Font
Author Message
 Bitmap Font

Please pardon me if this is a terribly novice sort of question, but is
there any easy way to generate the code for a bitmapped font?  Yes, I
have the Blue Book and have been through Program 21 until I am quite Blue
myself, but it just seems like a whole lot of hassle to generate the hex
for an entire font.

I'm not posting this without first having tried some things on my own.
I have typed in all of the Adobe code, and have generated my characters
from the bitmap editor in X11r3.  After that, it was a matter of writing
a piece of C that takes the .xbm format and filters it into the pattern
needed for a bitmap definition in postscript, but it is rather time
consuming going through all of this for a font that is rather grainy
even still.  (I am planning on upping the number of bits per character
when I get around to it.)

What I would really like to know is what other methods of generating a
bitmap font are there?  Is there some piece of shareware off in netland
that will make this so much easier I'll have a font that really looks
like my handwriting (hand printing, really) in no time at all?

Any reasonable suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sean Welch

(posted from the account of a generous friend)

Wed, 19 May 1993 05:31:00 GMT

1. wanted: CRT bitmap font as PostScript

2. Adobe ASCII bitmap font format

3. Adobe bitmap fonts (.ABF)

4. Bitmap fonts

5. Postscript printing of bitmap fonts

6. Postscript Printing of bitmap fonts

7. Acrobat and bitmap fonts

8. Ps2pdf with Redmon: bitmap fonts :-(

9. Still getting bitmap fonts with GS 6.01 under OS/2

10. ps to bitmap font problem

11. Seeking overstrike bitmap fonts to emulate Teletype

12. Color Bitmap Font