Freehand EPS files/GS 3.51
Author Message
 Freehand EPS files/GS 3.51

I can not get GhostScript to print an EPS to a TIFF file.  The EPS
file was exported from Freehand 5.5 on a MAC, and GS is running on
a PC, with Ghostview.  Plain postscript files, or some EPS files
with a SHOWPAGE inserted will print just fine.

How do I print a Freehand-generated EPS file using GhostScript?
--
Erik H. Voldengen

Sat, 27 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Freehand EPS files/GS 3.51

Quote:
>I can not get GhostScript to print an EPS to a TIFF file.  The EPS
>file was exported from Freehand 5.5 on a MAC, and GS is running on
>a PC, with Ghostview.  Plain Postscript files, or some EPS files
>with a SHOWPAGE inserted will print just fine.
>How do I print a Freehand-generated EPS file using GhostScript?

EPS files aren't for printing. They are for embedding. Use print from
freehand to get a printable version. Or, if you don't have freehand,
place into a DTP application and print from that.

If you really want, you can probably hack an EPS to get it to print,
but why bother?

Sun, 28 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Freehand EPS files/GS 3.51

Quote:
>I can not get GhostScript to print an EPS to a TIFF file.  The EPS
>file was exported from Freehand 5.5 on a MAC, and GS is running on
>a PC, with Ghostview.  Plain Postscript files, or some EPS files
>with a SHOWPAGE inserted will print just fine.

>How do I print a Freehand-generated EPS file using GhostScript?
>--
>Erik H. Voldengen

I have not run across any EPS files that GS 3.51 cannot handle, but
you do need a "showpage" command after the EPS file (if it does
not have one).

If Ghostscript does not give you a line:
    <<showpage, press <return> to contine>>
then your EPS file does not include a "showpage" command (it is
entirely optional in EPS files).

just concatenate a line that contains "showpage" and you should be
OK.

Regards,
Ray Johnston

Tue, 30 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. GS 3.51, EPS, and Win95

2. GS 3.51 Problem with PDF Files

3. Using GS 3.51 to create a .PFB file

4. EPS files from NT 3.51

5. Reading EPS files from Freehand

6. GS 4.01 on NT 3.51

7. Proble with GS 3.51 and PS2EPSI ?

8. HELP: Findfont error with Aladdin GS 3.51

9. Q: GS 3.51 and Epson Stylus IIs

10. GS 3.51 for DOS using stcolor DEVICE

11. GS 3.51, running 'someGS_LIB_DEFAULTfile.ps' [Q]

12. A problem of GS 3.51