Webserver written in PS
Author Message
 Webserver written in PS

Here's an interesting thread over at SlashDot:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

It begins by chuckling about a web server written in LISP, then turns to
PS.  In fact, a web server HAS been written in PS, and the code was posted

released under the GNU license.  If you go to his web page,

http://www.*-*-*.com/ :8080/

you will find that it has been served by the PS web server.

But it turns out that this implementation uses Ghostscript, and a purist
writes:

Quote:
> Running it under Ghostscript is cheating. Now,
> if you could actually run a web-server from a
> postscript printer, that would impress me ...!

to which Pugo replies:

Quote:
> Of course it's cheating, as I say on the webpage.
> The problem is that there aren't any support for
> TCP/IP in normal Postscript. Maybe I should mail
> Adobe and tell them that they should add support
> for TCP/IP in next version of Postscript.

For further details, see the SlashDot thread.

Jim Land
     PostScript/Ghostscript Internet Resources web site
          http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sending a file to a webserver

2. newcomer: accessing data file on the webserver

3. Convert .doc to .html on the webserver

4. Editing Word Document On WebServer

5. Send a word document to the webserver?

6. Download files from webserver via vbs

7. ASP To connect to webservers netlogon share

8. Executing an .bat file on my webserver

9. ASP and WebServer

10. FSO Object, UNC Naming, and Multiple Webserver Farm

11. Upload folder to Webserver?

12. Give full permission to a directory on a webserver