HELP: wmf and bmp files saved by Ghostview can not be recognized by other software
Author Message
 HELP: wmf and bmp files saved by Ghostview can not be recognized by other software

Hi,
   Subject said it all. I save some ps file into either wmf or
bmp format, but none of my graphic program can open these files.
 The program I used are powerpoint, PSP3.0 and Lview.  Any
suggestions?
Thanks

Weiting Ni

Sun, 26 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: wmf and bmp files saved by Ghostview can not be recognized by other software

Quote:

>   Subject said it all. I save some ps file into either wmf or
>bmp format, but none of my graphic program can open these files.
> The program I used are powerpoint, PSP3.0 and Lview.  Any
>suggestions?

Just because a file ends with the extension .WMF or .BMP, doesn't
make that file a Windows Metafile or Bitmap.

Use Ghostscript to create a BMP file.
This can be done by using the GSview "Print to File" and selecting
one of the bmp devices.

Alternatively, a crude WMF can be created by GSview.  Read the
"Add EPS Preview" help topic. Follow the instructions, then load
the DOS EPS file and extract the preview.  Note that this creates
a WMF that simply contains a bitmap.  You are probably better off
using a BMP file.

If you have a line drawing, then using ps2ai.ps followed by importing
it into CorelDraw! 3.0 then exporting to a WMF file may work.
If you have overlapping filled objects, the result is often a bit
scrambled.
--

Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
Monash University, Australia

Fri, 31 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. EPS/PDF to BMP/WMF

2. Convert BMP to WMF from script

3. .ps to .bmp,.wmf

4. EPS converter (WMF,PCX,BMP)

5. System not recognizing .ws files

6. Help to find software to transform WMF file to EPS

7. FileSystemObject: works on some machines, others not

8. !!Works on Some, not on Others!!

9. FileSystemObject: works on some machines, others not

10. Help: Freehand TIFF output chokes printers but not ghostview

11. Postscript files generated under Windows NT not read by Ghostview 1.5 (UNIX)

12. JScript does not recognize form object