First time user
Author Message
 First time user

Hi... this is my first time using ghostscript. I just click
at its icon (in Windows 98), and the ghostscript window
is opened with the prompt "GS>". What to do next?
I try "GS>gs -h" and get the following error

Error: /undefined in gs
Operand stack:

blah...blah...blah... (about 10 lines)

         Why's that? Also, how can I convert postscript files
to pdf files? Please reply me directly.
                                                           thanx.

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 First time user
Try the following:

GS>100 100 moveto 200 200 rlineto stroke

Can you see the line? To exit:

GS>quit

The Ghostscript (GS) is just a interpreter for the
postscript (PS) language. To view PS file graphics,
you had better to get the Ghostview (GV). Wasn't it
installed with GS? Or, did you installed GS only?
If you download and execute "gv26550.exe" from
"ftp.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/aladdin/current/", you will
get the GV with the GS. In the GV, you can open,
view, and print GS files.

----------------
Woo-Seok Kim

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. first time user...help

2. First time gsview/ghostscript user

3. Detect first time a page loads

4. window_onload do only first time?

5. SQL first time

6. Stream output fails2run javascript first time

7. Obtaining first name of a user?

8. Script User's First and Last Name

9. Logoff users after certain time frame

10. Error requesting user info the second time?

11. ADSI add user to goup take long time

12. locking databases (don't want more than one user to update at a time)