Multiple PS files to one, one-page PS
Author Message
 Multiple PS files to one, one-page PS

As my subject says, I am trying to merge four PS files into one PS file.

That is, say I have images saved in file1.ps, file2.ps, file3.ps, and
file4.ps.  I am trying to get all four into one PS file where they are
four-to-a-page.

I know that psnup from PSUtils will take a four page .ps file and make
it into a single page with all four pages on that page. (The c.l.ps FAQ
answered this.)

But, how do I get the four original files into a four page file for
psnup to use.  I've tried using psmerge but that doesn't help.  All it
does is copy the first file in the list to merge. (I don't even know if
psmerge *can* do this).

Any help is grateful.

Matt Thompson
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:03:55 GMT
 Multiple PS files to one, one-page PS
Adobe Illustrator would be ideal for this.

Or, use Acrobat distiller to distill the ps files into pdf files, open one
of the pdf files in Acrobat, import the other three, and print the result 4
up to a PS printer (print to file).

Quote:
> As my subject says, I am trying to merge four PS files into one PS file.

> That is, say I have images saved in file1.ps, file2.ps, file3.ps, and
> file4.ps.  I am trying to get all four into one PS file where they are
> four-to-a-page.

> I know that psnup from PSUtils will take a four page .ps file and make
> it into a single page with all four pages on that page. (The c.l.ps FAQ
> answered this.)

> But, how do I get the four original files into a four page file for
> psnup to use.  I've tried using psmerge but that doesn't help.  All it
> does is copy the first file in the list to merge. (I don't even know if
> psmerge *can* do this).

> Any help is grateful.

> Matt Thompson
> --
> "And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
> all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good
> and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!" -- The Tick
>   The Matt -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/Home.html

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 06:31:32 GMT
 Multiple PS files to one, one-page PS
<snip>
Quote:

> But, how do I get the four original files into a four page file for
> psnup to use.  I've tried using psmerge but that doesn't help.  All it
> does is copy the first file in the list to merge. (I don't even know if
> psmerge *can* do this).

<snip>

Assuming you have a unix/linux system:

cat file1.ps file2.ps file3.ps file4.ps > 4files-in1.ps

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:55:08 GMT
 Multiple PS files to one, one-page PS

Quote:

> <snip>

> > But, how do I get the four original files into a four page file for
> > psnup to use.  I've tried using psmerge but that doesn't help.  All it
> > does is copy the first file in the list to merge. (I don't even know if
> > psmerge *can* do this).

> <snip>

> Assuming you have a unix/linux system:

> cat file1.ps file2.ps file3.ps file4.ps > 4files-in1.ps

Thanks!

I distilled the merged ps file and the pdf file seems to work fine.

Yashwant

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 05:07:16 GMT

1. Problem merging multiple single page ps files into one multipage ps file

2. splitting one big (~500 pages) ps file into small-ones - with delimiters in files

3. How to merge multiple PS files into one PS file

4. Multiple PS or EPS files on one page?

5. printing multiple ps files on one physical page.

6. Joining multiple ps documents into one ps file?

7. multiple EPS files -> one PS file

8. Merge Two Single Page PS documents into one Single Page PS Document

9. Merging multiple documents into one multi-page one

10. Need Help - Converting multiple ps files into one

11. combining multiple ps/pdf files into one

12. Multiple .ps files into one