Can't view PS in MOSAIC after GS3.33 install
Author Message
 Can't view PS in MOSAIC after GS3.33 install

I'am using NCSA Mosaic 2.0.b4 and previously had GS261 and GSVIEW 1.0 installed
and was able to view postscript files after modifing mosaic.ini to:

  application/postscript="c:\gs\gsview.exe %ls"

after installing GS3.33 and fonts and modifing mosaic.ini to:

   application/postscript="c:\gs3.33\gsview32.exe %ls"

I can no longer view postscripts files.  Is there a new syntax or do I need to
define something else?

Would appreciate any help.

Richard Hogue

Tue, 07 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't view PS in MOSAIC after GS3.33 install

Quote:
>I'am using NCSA Mosaic 2.0.b4 and previously had GS261 and GSVIEW 1.0 installed
>and was able to view postscript files after modifing mosaic.ini to:
>  application/postscript="c:\gs\gsview.exe %ls"
>after installing GS3.33 and fonts and modifing mosaic.ini to:
>   application/postscript="c:\gs3.33\gsview32.exe %ls"
>I can no longer view postscripts files.  Is there a new syntax or do I need to
>define something else?

There is a bug in GSview 1.2 which you may be seeing.
Some code in GSview 1.2 code to dodge a compiler bug is no longer
necessary and is causing a bug itself.
When I figure out exactly when the bug fix is needed and when it
is not, I'll make it available.

--

Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
Monash University, Australia

Sun, 12 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. PDF to PS conversion with GS3.33

2. gs3.33 breaks mergeini.ps

3. GS3.33 failed to display its example .ps??!

4. HELP:How to use gs3.33 in NETSCAPE?

5. problem with gs3.33 and laserjet printing.

6. Findfont error with gs3.33

7. gs3.33 or 3.51 for 286?

8. how to print select pages in gs3.33?

9. GS3.33+RS6000

10. gs3.33/ghostview1.5 cuts page in landscape mode

11. gs3.33 + pstoppm

12. pstoppm in gs3.33