LPT1: Capture Program
Author Message
 LPT1: Capture Program

I recently purchased a VariTyper VT600 Plus Laser printer.  This printer  only
knows  postscript.   Some  of  the  software  that  I  have  does  not  output
PostScript.  This software does output to an Epson FX-85.   I  have  an  Epson
FX-85.   I  would  like  to  sell the Epson FX-85 someday soon.  I also have a
program that will convert Epson to PostScript.  This solves a few problems.

Now for the real problem.

Some of the software (like Print Shop) outputs directly to  the  printer.   It
does not allow the user to specify a file instead.

Now for the question of the hour.

Is there a program that will allow a user to redirect output from  LTP1  to  a
file?  The program MUST be memory resident, since I cannot call it from inside
other programs.  I do not care if it is  Public  Domain  or  Commerical  since
money is not an issue.  (After all I spent $15,000 for the printer.  [Actually
I spent $29,000.  I bought two of them and they gave me a discount.] ;-)

It it is Public Domain, send it to me.  Please do not  tell  me  that  it  was
posted  x  number  of [days|weeks|months] ago.  Since I am asking for it, I do
not have it.  I may have seen it, but I did not want it  at  the  time,  so  I
ignored  it.   If  it  is Commerical, send me the program name and the company
that sells it.  I am particularily interested in anyone's personal experiences
with regards to this type of product.

--
   ____   _______   _____   _______     -------                  Clancy Malloy
  / __ \ |__   __| /   _ \ |__   __|  -====------    Unix System Administrator
 | (__) |   | |    \  \ \_\   | |    -======------          ...ihnp4!ihlpf!cem
 |  __  |   | |    /   \ __   | |    --====-------             IH 4A-245 x3946
 | |  | |   | |   |  (\ / /   | |     -----------               AT&T Bell Labs
 |_|  |_|   |_|    \_____/    |_|       -------                 Naperville, IL

Post Script (PS):

I am not looking for any comments about how I should  have  bought  a  printer
that  emulates  other printers besides PostScript.  This device is a 600 x 600
D.P.I. High Quality Laser Printer.  And from the research that was done, there
are  no  printers  in  this  class  that  output  PostScript AND emulate other
printers.

Thu, 17 Sep 1992 13:32:00 GMT

1. Capture output from command line program

2. capturing the output of an MSDOS program

3. Capture output from command line program

4. Capturing Stdout From A Remotely Executed Program?

5. Capture return code from a program

6. copy .ps lpt1

7. Intercepting data to lpt1:

8. Need to send output to LPT1 to another printer

9. Detect LPT1 connection

10. Detect default printer on local LPT1 via VB script

11. Using Vbscript to output data to LPT1

12. printing by copying to LPT1:?