Platform_Problem_PC_Mac__Posts
Author Message
 Platform_Problem_PC_Mac__Posts

Quick question first...
Is turning on the binary-mode printing, and the ^D(before/after) in
advanced printing options for my imagesetter gonna help me when I'm
postscripting to file in Win95, and downloading to my Imagesetter from a

Mac?!?

I'm trying to postscript to file from Win95, bringing the file to work,
and download the file from my Mac to a Scitex Dolev200, connected thru a

Unix-RIP.
(I'm using the Dolev PSM L2 driver.)

The result I get without doing what I mentioned in the beginning is:
- All text is OK
- Black/Gray images are OK
- Color images produce an error: Offending command, color image???

Please - any far-fetched idea will be greatly appreciated....

Finnern

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Platform_Problem_PC_Mac__Posts

Quote:
> Quick question first...
> Is turning on the binary-mode printing, and the ^D(before/after) in
> advanced printing options for my imagesetter gonna help me when I'm
> postscripting to file in Win95, and downloading to my Imagesetter from a

> Mac?!?

> I'm trying to postscript to file from Win95, bringing the file to work,
> and download the file from my Mac to a Scitex Dolev200, connected thru a

> Unix-RIP.
> (I'm using the Dolev PSM L2 driver.)

> The result I get without doing what I mentioned in the beginning is:
> - All text is OK
> - Black/Gray images are OK
> - Color images produce an error: Offending command, color image???

If everything but color images prints all right, I wouldn't think that
this has to do anything with binary mode or Ctrl-D.  Have you tried
your file on another interpreter?  To me it looks like there's a
problem with the color images.

--

Department of Computational Linguistics --- University of Erlangen, Germany
You know, basically, I'm no good at either linguistics or computer science.

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Platform_Problem_PC_Mac__Posts

Quote:

> If everything but color images prints all right, I wouldn't think that
> this has to do anything with binary mode or Ctrl-D.  Have you tried
> your file on another interpreter?  To me it looks like there's a
> problem with the color images.

> --

> Department of Computational Linguistics --- University of Erlangen, Germany
> You know, basically, I'm no good at either linguistics or computer science.
>                                                                --Larry Wall

Thank you for your answer, and the first clue I have found on the entire Web!

Maybe it's because I have saved my tiff's as PC format. I thought this would be
a problem, but I can try it out!
As for another interpreter - I'm not sure how!
I have only one imagesetter, and if there's a software solution I would like
that tip too. I'm been wondering if there's a way to check what model the
driver is written for, even though I'm pretty sure it's the write one.(Scitex
has the driver for mac with the exact same name as my pc-version on their
web-site)

Thanks again...
finnern

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Platform_Problem_PC_Mac__Posts

Quote:
> [...]
> As for another interpreter - I'm not sure how!

You might want to check out Ghostscript at
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/>.

--

Department of Computational Linguistics --- University of Erlangen, Germany
You know, basically, I'm no good at either linguistics or computer science.
                                                               --Larry Wall

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT