OS/2 GS and Palette Manager
Author Message
 OS/2 GS and Palette Manager

Every time I start GhostScript on OS/2, first thing it does is to call the
PM Palette Manager and pork my video, even when there is no need to (e.g.,
black and white document). Is there a way to tell GS NOT to call the Palette
Manager? Even better, since it apparently reads and processes a whole page
before sending the bitmap onto the screen, could it abstain by itself from
calling the Palette Manager if it finds no reference to color in the current
page? Why call it systematically (as seems to be the case right now)?

Thanks very much for any information on this

Olivier Lefevre
NYU Medical School, New York City

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 GS and Palette Manager

Quote:

>Every time I start GhostScript on OS/2, first thing it does is to call the
>PM Palette Manager and pork my video, even when there is no need to (e.g.,
>black and white document). Is there a way to tell GS NOT to call the Palette
>Manager?

gsos2 -dBitsPerPixel=1

If using GSview, set "Media | Depth" to 1bit/pixel.

--

Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
Monash University, Australia

Sun, 12 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 GS and Palette Manager

Quote:

>>Every time I start GhostScript on OS/2, first thing it does is to call the
>>PM Palette Manager and pork my video, even when there is no need to (e.g.,
>>black and white document). Is there a way to tell GS NOT to call the Palette
>>Manager?
>gsos2 -dBitsPerPixel=1

>If using GSview, set "Media | Depth" to 1bit/pixel.

Thanks. I have since noticed that the only depth that causes porking is 8bit/
pixel (which seems to be the same as Default). Other values are fine, even
though correct color rendering required Depth >= 8bit/pixel. What is so
special about that value? I have an XGA-2 monitor.

Olivier Lefevre, NYU Medical School, NYC

Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Still getting bitmap fonts with GS 6.01 under OS/2

2. Mac OS X Server and GS

3. GS Crashes with PDf on OS/2...

4. GS on OS/2 Error/Invalidfont in findfont

5. GS 5.03 + OS/2 + DeScribe + PDF = doesn't work

6. Installing OS/2 GS 3.53 - can't find Times

7. OS/2 GS 3.51 and Deskjet 500

8. GS for OS/2 printer

9. GS printing on OS/2

10. GS 3.33 for OS/2 and the PDF Interpreter

11. Aladdin GS 3.12 under OS/2 - partial solution

12. Aladdin gs 3.12 for OS/2 problem