Suddenly Acrobat can't find ZapfDingbats
Author Message
 Suddenly Acrobat can't find ZapfDingbats

I used to run Adobe Acrobat 2.0 (reader) for Windows under OS/2
(2.11 and Warp 3.0 full pack). Now Acrobat suddenly tells me that
I need to install the ZapfDingbats font. That font is installed,
it shows up in ATM, ATM is on, and WinWord 6.0 running in the same
Windows session as Acrobat can find and use ZapfDingbats, even while
Acrobat keeps generating this annoying "install ZapfDingbats' message.
So the font is clearly there, but Acrobat suddenly doesn't know it. I
tried reinstalling the font, but to no avail.

I have made one change to my system since back when I last used Acrobat,
although I don't see how it could have caused the problem I describe. I
recently installed a postscript Printer object, assigned to LP3, although
there is, in fact, no printer attached to that port. I use the PS printer
driver for print-to-file purposes. My real printer is an HPLJII on LP1.
Otherwise, it's a pretty vanilla configuration.

Advice welcome. Acrobat did used to work, although after installing
it, I had to change all my Windows configurations to run in Enhanced
Mode, because Acrobat did something screwy to my Windows ATM.

Thanks,

David
David J. Birnbaum                    Voice: 412-687-4653
3955 Bigelow Blvd, #802              Fax:   412-624-9714

Wed, 08 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why COM object couldn't... suddenly

2. Acrobat Distiller "fonts not found"

3. invoking 'Find' in IE5

4. Can't find Adobe's EPS help manual

5. where can i find 'a2ps'?

6. GSView Created PDF's Crash Acrobat Reader

7. distill: font can't be embedded in acrobat 3.0 mode

8. AN: Autolinking Acrobat PDF web url's

9. Where's Acrobat Distiller?

10. I'm looking for Acrobat Distiller

11. acrobat reader works on pdf, ghostscript doesn't

12. Acrobat can't read PostScript?