Including another postscript file in a postscript file
Author Message
 Including another postscript file in a postscript file

Hi group!

I'm using GhostView (and GSView) to develop some postscript fax forms.

I've now faced the problem that I cannot seem to find out how to
include logo's in my postscript files.

Say I want to print 100 different faxes alle with the same logo in the
top left corner.

I could include the logo in the fax template but the I have to send
the logo 100 times to the printer. That seems like a terrible waste of
bandwith.

What I'd like to know is how to include the logo.ps in my fax.ps file
(and have the logo.ps copied to the printer only once)

LOGO.PS:
 newpath
 573.6960 328.9680 moveto
 609.6960 329.1120 lineto
 620.8560 293.6160 lineto
 515.8800 287.1360 516.3120 287.4960 517.0320 287.1360 curveto
 % plus lots more lines :)
 closepath
 gsave 0 setgray fill grestore
 stroke
 grestore

FAX.PS:

% Here I'm lost. But my guess is that I need some translating and
scaling to position my logo and then import/run/execute it?

Any help appreciated.

--
Dann S?jberg
www.soje.dk

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:21:09 GMT
 Including another postscript file in a postscript file
Use a PostScript form dictionary. Use the code for your logo as the
dictionary's PaintProc.

Thomas D. Greer

Quote:
> Hi group!

> I'm using GhostView (and GSView) to develop some postscript fax forms.

> I've now faced the problem that I cannot seem to find out how to
> include logo's in my postscript files.

> Say I want to print 100 different faxes alle with the same logo in the
> top left corner.

> I could include the logo in the fax template but the I have to send
> the logo 100 times to the printer. That seems like a terrible waste of
> bandwith.

> What I'd like to know is how to include the logo.ps in my fax.ps file
> (and have the logo.ps copied to the printer only once)

> LOGO.PS:
>  newpath
>  573.6960 328.9680 moveto
>  609.6960 329.1120 lineto
>  620.8560 293.6160 lineto
>  515.8800 287.1360 516.3120 287.4960 517.0320 287.1360 curveto
>  % plus lots more lines :)
>  closepath
>  gsave 0 setgray fill grestore
>  stroke
>  grestore

> FAX.PS:

> % Here I'm lost. But my guess is that I need some translating and
> scaling to position my logo and then import/run/execute it?

> Any help appreciated.

> --
> Dann S?jberg
> www.soje.dk

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:07:35 GMT
 Including another postscript file in a postscript file

Quote:

> What I'd like to know is how to include the logo.ps in my fax.ps file
> (and have the logo.ps copied to the printer only once)

> LOGO.PS:
>  newpath
>  573.6960 328.9680 moveto
>  609.6960 329.1120 lineto
>  620.8560 293.6160 lineto
>  515.8800 287.1360 516.3120 287.4960 517.0320 287.1360 curveto
>  % plus lots more lines :)
>  closepath
>  gsave 0 setgray fill grestore
>  stroke
>  grestore

   If LOGO.PS is less that 65K bytes, embed the file inside
   a PostScript string, convert to executable and give the
   string a /name.

   When you want to execute the logo, just execute the string.

   If greater than 65K bytes, it will be difficult.

   Regards,
   Bob Anderson

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 23:09:26 GMT

1. rotate postscript file -rotate postscript file -rotate postscript file -

2. How to include a tiff file into a postscript file

3. including postscript files in troff files

4. postscript file to postscript file with preview image

5. Include JavaScript file in another include file

6. including postscript files produced by Windows

7. Including postscript files in troff source?

8. How to include image files in postscript

9. Problems with including EPS in Postscript file

10. Including a raw CMJK file in postscript

11. Including EPS code in as Postscript file

12. Text files included in postscript