DVIPS to HL-8PS Brother laser printer
Author Message
 DVIPS to HL-8PS Brother laser printer

Dear Netters

We have recently purchased an HL-8PS Brother laser printer with those
characteristics:

BR Script : a compatible interpretor with postscript
HP LJ II Emulator
12 families of fonts
2Mbytes RAM

and when I try to print a PS file generated by dvips (ver. 5.47 or later)
the light data of the printer is turn on (recieved data) and no pages printed.
I have tried many other softs like IsLandraw, xgraph, idraw ... quite successful.

Have any one the same printer and use dvips to print his files?
Can any one tell me from where I can get a dvips driver for Brother printers?

Sorry for my english.
Thank you very much

- Souheil Ezzedine
  EMP/CIG,LHM
  35 Rue St Honore 77305 Fontainebleau Cedex.
  France.
  Ph. 33 (1) 64 69 47 52
  Fx. 33 (1) 64 69 47 03

Sun, 07 Jan 1996 15:36:14 GMT
 DVIPS to HL-8PS Brother laser printer

: We have recently purchased an HL-8PS Brother laser printer with those
: characteristics:

: BR Script : a compatible interpretor with PostScript
: HP LJ II Emulator
: 12 families of fonts
: 2Mbytes RAM

: and when I try to print a PS file generated by dvips (ver. 5.47 or later)
: the light data of the printer is turn on (recieved data) and no pages printed.
: I have tried many other softs like IsLandraw, xgraph, idraw ... quite successful.

: Have any one the same printer and use dvips to print his files?
: Can any one tell me from where I can get a dvips driver for Brother printers?

I'm using dvips 5.514 on HP-UX in combination with a Brother HL-8PS.

Don't look at the wrong end of the problem! Is it a second hand printer?
I had the same problem until I found out that there are new EPROMs around.
I don't know the version number but when you are able to switch by
software from PostScript emulation to laserjet emulation and back again
then I believe you have the new EPROMs.

Hope this helps
Beat
  Beat Jucker, GLUE Software Engineering, Anlikerweg 5, CH-3626 Huenibach

Thu, 11 Jan 1996 18:28:06 GMT

1. Help: printer (brother HL-1020) doesn't print PS

2. Ghostscript driver for Brother HL-1240 printer

3. Support for Brother HL-1060 printer

4. Q: Postscript compatibility with Brother laser printers

5. GhostView and Brother HL-1250

6. Ghostscript driver for Brother HL-720?

7. BROTHER HL-1020

8. Brother HL-720 and MS Visual C++

9. Win95 PS print driver for Brother HL-10PS/DPS

10. Aladdin Ghostscript: Brother HL-760 supported?

11. [Fwd: Getting 600 dpi with Brother laser]

12. Brother printer