Probles with postscrip driver
Author Message
 Probles with postscrip driver

Hello

I have some problem rewrite-ing a postscrip driver (PPD file).
The problem is that I cannot print films longer than 1237 mm.
The original file can only print upon 1000 mm
After making some adjustments 1200 mm did also work but I was hoping to
print 2300 mm.
According to the man we bought it from, it is possible,
but he doesnot know how to do it anymore.

In the PPD file I changed the following things.
*OrderDependency:
*MaxMediaHeight:
and I added some paper sizes

The problem is that the RIP doesn't print at all.
The information is received but not processed.

Hardware:
RIP       : Varityper 4000
Lighter   : Varityper 5300c

If you know a solution I'll be very grateful.

Emiel Campman

begin 600 VT4530c1.ppd
<uuencoded_portion_removed>

`
end

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Probles with postscrip driver

Quote:

> I have some problem rewrite-ing a postscrip driver (PPD file).
> The problem is that I cannot print films longer than 1237 mm.
> The original file can only print upon 1000 mm

The PPD generally reflects the capabilities of the printer.
Are you sure the printer can print longer than 1237 mm?

If you think so, your first step should be to make sure it
does so.

--
David Forthoffer     Check out http://www.adobe.com

PPD guru