Printing 720x720 with an Epson Stylus 640
Author Message
 Printing 720x720 with an Epson Stylus 640

Hello.  I have an Epson Stylus 640 printer and am printing fine in
360x360 resolution with a ghostscript filter, but can't seem to get
720x720 and would really like that resolution.  Is there anything I can
do about this.  It doesn't give me an error, but just prints several
completely blank pages and quits.

Jeremy W. Bean

Thu, 07 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing 720x720 with an Epson Stylus 640
Quote:

> Hello.  I have an Epson Stylus 640 printer and am printing fine in
> 360x360 resolution with a ghostscript filter, but can't seem to get
> 720x720 and would really like that resolution.  Is there anything I can
> do about this.  It doesn't give me an error, but just prints several
> completely blank pages and quits.

> Jeremy W. Bean

It depends on how the driver for your printer in ghostscript is
designed.
Normally, ghostscript's printer drivers have a "read-only" hardware
resolution, and trying to change this could lead to very weird results.
Have a look into the documentation, and/or build a new driver ...

Helge
--

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. GS drivers for Epson Stylus 640 - disappointing

2. ghostscript-driver for epson stylus 640

3. Error in PS (Ghostscript) Printing On Epson 640

4. Uniprint's problem for Epson stylus color I(720x720 dpi)

5. Epson 640 and Ghostscript

6. Epson Stylus PostScript RIP and Epson Stylus 740?

7. Is Epson Stylus Color 440/640 Compatible with GS ?

8. GS 4.03 and 720x720 on Stylus Color 600

9. PS printing Epson Stylus 800 Problems WIN95

10. Epson Stylus Color IIs and Ghostview printing

11. Epson Stylus 600 low at printing

12. Printing Quick Black and White Code Dumps on Epson Stylus Color 800