Creating PS fonts (or converting from HP PCL)
Author Message
 Creating PS fonts (or converting from HP PCL)

Help!
I need to create a postscript font for our documentation.  We call
the font a KEYTOPS font.  ie. the printed result looks like words
in boxes.  I have an existing font for HP PCL that has a horizontal
bar on the top and bottom of every letter and two special characters
to cap the left and right ends of the box.  This works great, however, I now
need the same sort of thing for PostScript.

Does such a font already exist (he asks hopefully)?
Or, can anyone tell me how to go about creating one (knowing that
I don't have a lot of experience with PS - ie almost none)?
Or, is there some way to convert my existing HP PCL font to a
PostScript font.

The resulting font need not be scalable (one size would do), a resulting size
of about 10 - 12 pt would be fine.

If anyone could give me any information, I would greatly appreciate
it.  If someone wants to build the font, we'll pay them for their
efforts.

Thank you.
--
MRM.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Be seeing you...
MRM.

Thu, 13 Jan 1994 20:59:43 GMT
 Creating PS fonts (or converting from HP PCL)
|Help!
|I need to create a PostScript font for our documentation.  We call
|the font a KEYTOPS font.  ie. the printed result looks like words
|in boxes.  I have an existing font for HP PCL that has a horizontal
|bar on the top and bottom of every letter and two special characters
|to cap the left and right ends of the box.  This works great, however, I now
|need the same sort of thing for PostScript.

Psroff 3.0 has a program to convert HPPCL fonts to Postscript.

|The resulting font need not be scalable (one size would do), a resulting size
|of about 10 - 12 pt would be fine.

The simplest thing to do is send me a copy of your HPPCL font at 10 and
12 points (compressed and uuencoded), and I'll ship you back the
Postscript versions.
--
Chris Lewis; UUCP: ...!{cunews,uunet,latour}!ecicrl!clewis;

Sun, 16 Jan 1994 00:27:09 GMT

1. Converting Type I fonts to HP PCL pre-generated

2. PS/PCL language switching with HP 33439Q PS cartridge

3. Converting PostScript to HP PCL 4.0

4. PS font -> PCL font

5. Q: Font metrics for HP-PCL?

6. PS->TIFF, PCL->TIFF, PCL->PS