copy .ps lpt1
Author Message
 copy .ps lpt1

Hi,

I did "c:\copy file.ps lpt1" successfully sometimes ago in somewhere.
Now, I want to do that from the Dos window of Windows98 to Epson 460
without success :-(

1. Can we do such thing in windows98?
2. Epson 460 suport postcript or not?
3. Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 copy .ps lpt1

Quote:

>Hi,

>I did "c:\copy file.ps lpt1" successfully sometimes ago in somewhere.
>Now, I want to do that from the Dos window of Windows98 to Epson 460
>without success :-(

>1. Can we do such thing in windows98?

Yes, though COPY /B is recommended for postscript

Quote:
>2. Epson 460 suport postcript or not?

Well...it's your printer! The Epson Web site has no listing for a 460
printer, so take a look at the manual.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 copy .ps lpt1

Quote:
> >I did "c:\copy file.ps lpt1" successfully sometimes ago in somewhere.
> >Now, I want to do that from the Dos window of Windows98 to Epson 460
> >without success :-(

> >1. Can we do such thing in windows98?

> Yes, though COPY /B is recommended for PostScript

> >2. Epson 460 suport postcript or not?

> Well...it's your printer! The Epson Web site has no listing for a 460
> printer, so take a look at the manual.

Thank you for your help.
Can you tell me what that call: PostScript compatable or what?

Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 copy .ps lpt1

Quote:

>> Well...it's your printer! The Epson Web site has no listing for a 460
>> printer, so take a look at the manual.

>Thank you for your help.
>Can you tell me what that call: PostScript compatable or what?

It may be described under "emulation" or "language"; the word
PostScript will appear. If it says PostScript "compatible" or
"emulation" then it is not true Adobe PostScript.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 copy .ps lpt1

Quote:
> >> Well...it's your printer! The Epson Web site has no listing for a
460
> >> printer, so take a look at the manual.

> >Thank you for your help.
> >Can you tell me what that call: PostScript compatable or what?

> It may be described under "emulation" or "language"; the word
> PostScript will appear. If it says PostScript "compatible" or
> "emulation" then it is not true Adobe PostScript.

Hi, I found something about my printer:

http://www.epson.co.uk/sohoprod/printers/inkjet/stycol460/spec.htm

Emulations EPSON ESC/P Raster Colour, EPSON Remote

but I can not find its language :-(

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 copy .ps lpt1
Instead of the DOS COPY command it is also possible - and more
userfriendly - to use Print File from the File menu in GhostView.

Govert

Quote:

> >Hi,

> >I did "c:\copy file.ps lpt1" successfully sometimes ago in somewhere.
> >Now, I want to do that from the Dos window of Windows98 to Epson 460
> >without success :-(

> >1. Can we do such thing in windows98?

> Yes, though COPY /B is recommended for PostScript

> >2. Epson 460 suport postcript or not?

> Well...it's your printer! The Epson Web site has no listing for a 460
> printer, so take a look at the manual.

> Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
> PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 copy .ps lpt1
Or if you really do like the command line, redpr will
copy a file to a printer.  This is included in RedMon
  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/
Quote:

>Instead of the DOS COPY command it is also possible - and more
>userfriendly - to use Print File from the File menu in GhostView.

>> >I did "c:\copy file.ps lpt1" successfully sometimes ago in somewhere.
>> >Now, I want to do that from the Dos window of Windows98 to Epson 460
>> >without success :-(

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 copy .ps lpt1
The Epson 460 isn't a Postscript printer, so it wont support the language
directly.  You could look into Ghostscript with redMon as Russell Lang
suggested.
The epson language that the 460 supports is called "EPSON ESC/P Raster
Colour".  I think I remember the binary Ghostscript download supporting it.

Jay

Quote:

> 460

> > >Thank you for your help.
> > >Can you tell me what that call: PostScript compatable or what?

> > It may be described under "emulation" or "language"; the word
> > PostScript will appear. If it says PostScript "compatible" or
> > "emulation" then it is not true Adobe PostScript.

> Hi, I found something about my printer:

> http://www.epson.co.uk/sohoprod/printers/inkjet/stycol460/spec.htm

> Emulations EPSON ESC/P Raster Colour, EPSON Remote

> but I can not find its language :-(

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 copy .ps lpt1
Hi Panther,

I bought this printer a fer days ago and I may replace it....Can you
tell me where to get the information about which Epson supports what
lnguage?

Thank you for your help. I will try to download GhostScript...long time
haven't used it though.

Cheers.

Mark

Quote:
> The Epson 460 isn't a Postscript printer, so it wont support the
language
> directly.  You could look into Ghostscript with redMon as Russell Lang
> suggested.
> The epson language that the 460 supports is called "EPSON ESC/P Raster
> Colour".  I think I remember the binary Ghostscript download
supporting it.

> Jay

Quote:

> > 460

> > > It may be described under "emulation" or "language"; the word
> > > PostScript will appear. If it says PostScript "compatible" or
> > > "emulation" then it is not true Adobe PostScript.

> > Hi, I found something about my printer:

> > http://www.epson.co.uk/sohoprod/printers/inkjet/stycol460/spec.htm

> > Emulations EPSON ESC/P Raster Colour, EPSON Remote

> > but I can not find its language :-(

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. printing by copying to LPT1:?

2. Copy a Print File to LPT1:

3. copy lpt1 w/ WSH

4. copy to LPT1 via WSH

5. Wanted: Redirect LPT1 to .PS file

6. LPT1: Capture Program

7. Intercepting data to lpt1:

8. Need to send output to LPT1 to another printer

9. Detect LPT1 connection

10. Detect default printer on local LPT1 via VB script

11. Using Vbscript to output data to LPT1

12. Looking for copy of Distill PS