DVI to PostScrip Converter
Author Message
 DVI to PostScrip Converter

Dear TeX-Friends!

I would like to put into the postscript Output form DVIPS some special
commands to control the printer. The command should direct the output to

different paper trays (we have 6 different papers). In{*filter*}there is no

opportunity to do this for each page. I have to put special printer
commands into the PostScript Code.

Do anybody know how to do this in TeX or DVIPS ?

Thank you for your support!

Best regards
Josip

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DVI to PostScrip Converter

Normally, dvips has a commandline option to add headerfiles. Just
write a short header which selects the appropriate papertray and
include that via the commandline option. My dvips does this like
this:

    dvips -h myheader.ps mydvi.dvi

Jan

--
Jan Hungershoefer           Paderborn Center for Parallel Computing
University of Paderborn, Fuerstenallee 11, 33102 Paderborn, Germany

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DVI to PostScrip Converter

: Dear TeX-Friends!

: I would like to put into the PostScript Output form DVIPS some special
: commands to control the printer. The command should direct the output to
: different paper trays (we have 6 different papers). In{*filter*}there is no
: opportunity to do this for each page. I have to put special printer
: commands into the PostScript Code.

: Do anybody know how to do this in TeX or DVIPS ?

Hello, there.

Unfortunately, I'm only familiar a little with Web2c TeX and the dvips
provided with it, not with LaTeX.

The documentation for this version of TeX includes a section on "Literal
PS" which can be included in a TeX document, for example with a "PS
special" command. From a quick reading, I might guess that this method
could work if your version of TeX and dvips support it, and if it{*filter*}
wouldn't cause problems.

Please note that my experience is with the 32-bit DJGPP port of Web2c TeX
for MS-DOS and compatible operating systems, but that the features should
presumably work at least as well in an actual *IX environment <grin>.

Incidentally, Web2c TeX also has support for including a user-defined
PostScript prologue in PostScript output from dvips, so the solution
another user has proposed might also work nicely with this version.

Most respectfully,

Margo Schulter

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DVI to postscript converters...

2. TeX, LaTeX, dvi, postscript and pdf to ascii converter

3. .dvi to .ps converter

4. converter needed: postscript to dvi

5. looking for dvi-to-postscript converter

6. PostScript to DVI converter

7. Postscript to Html, DVI to HTML, PS to RTF, DVI to RTF

8. Converter to converter converters?

9. Postscrip fonts for Aldus Pagemaker

10. postscrip to Macintosh

11. postscrip viewer