Mark-up editor
Author Message
 Mark-up editor

I'm looking for a simple tool (based on gs, presumably) that would allow
to do basic visual mark up of postscript files, as suited for
copy-editing and reviewing papers. Thus, it would be nice to be able to
add (overlay) text, cross out sections or highlight typos. wb (the
distributed white board) comes close, but it's a bit cumbersome for the
purpose. Any suggestions?
--

8344)
Columbia University        fax:   +1 212 666-0140

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Mark-up editor

Quote:

> I'm looking for a simple tool (based on gs, presumably) that would allow
> to do basic visual mark up of PostScript files, as suited for
> copy-editing and reviewing papers. Thus, it would be nice to be able to
> add (overlay) text, cross out sections or highlight typos. wb (the
> distributed white board) comes close, but it's a bit cumbersome for the
> purpose. Any suggestions?

Seems like PS is the wrong place to do this.
Makes more sense to either markup the original input
or PDF, for which tools exist to do this.

--
Y&Y, Inc., Tuttle's Livery, 45 Walden Street, Concord, MA 01742 USA
(800) 742-4059 (North America), (978) 371-3286 Fax: (978) 371-2004

World Wide Web:  http://www.YandY.com

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Mark-up editor

From version 7.0 on, Corel Draw has the hability to open and edit PostScript
files.

Thu, 28 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Mark-up editor

Quote:

> I'm looking for a simple tool (based on gs, presumably) that would allow
> to do basic visual mark up of PostScript files, as suited for

Hi!

XEmacs has syntax-highlighting for PS.
-> http://www.xemacs.org

Stephan.