Ghostscript and setflat
Author Message
 Ghostscript and setflat

I am using Ghostscript on Linux to create a JPEG from a PDF.

the command line is as follows:

gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=jpeg -sOutputFile=test.jpg -g1032x624 -r288
test.pdf

My problem is that many of the curved paths have what seems to be a high
setflat value - the curves are a series of straight lines.

I cannot find anyway to override the default flatness that Ghostscript uses.

Does anyone no a way to do this?

--

Regards

Peter Heywood

Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:39:52 GMT
 Ghostscript and setflat

Quote:

> I am using Ghostscript on Linux to create a JPEG from a PDF.

> the command line is as follows:

> gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=jpeg -sOutputFile=test.jpg -g1032x624 -r288
> test.pdf

> My problem is that many of the curved paths have what seems to be a high
> setflat value - the curves are a series of straight lines.

> I cannot find anyway to override the default flatness that Ghostscript uses.
> Does anyone no a way to do this?

You can set the flatness or execute any other code using -c option.

gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=jpeg -sOutputFile=test.jpg
-g1032x624 -r288 -c 0 setflat -f test.pdf

Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:12:54 GMT

1. Q: ghostscript parameters -> ghostscript commands

2. Aladdin Ghostscript vs GNU ghostscript?

3. Aladdin Ghostscript 3.12 gs.1 cites gnu.ghostscript.bug

4. Ghostscript Works! [was: Ghostscript works?]

5. major enhancments of Aladdin ghostscript vs. GNU ghostscript?

6. Ghostscript-Convert DCS2 to JPEG

7. Ghostscript 8.00 and Redmon - Newbie needs help

8. Changing background in GhostScript?

9. Color Phenomena Ghostscript & Corel Draw (pictures inside)

10. CID fonts: ghostscript can't read Postscript generated by Adobe acroread

11. Not embedding fonts in PDF created with ghostscript

12. GhostScript file size quite large compared to Acrobat PDF driver