Pacific Page Font Problem
Author Message
 Pacific Page Font Problem

I have a PE Cartridge (Version 4.0) installed in a HP IIP.  The printer
hangs up (need to reset manually or cycle power) every time I exceed a
24 point font size in any application (Harvard Graphics, Corel Draw, etc.
under Windows 3.1) using TT fonts.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Claude

Wed, 16 Aug 1995 11:50:59 GMT
 Pacific Page Font Problem

Quote:
> I have a PE Cartridge (Version 4.0) installed in a HP IIP.  The printer
> hangs up (need to reset manually or cycle power) every time I exceed a
> 24 point font size in any application (Harvard Graphics, Corel Draw, etc.
> under Windows 3.1) using TT fonts.

I had a Better Yet 4 for the Laserjet Series II, and it had almost the
same problem.  It would just print blank pages any time I tried to use
a TT in larger then 24 point.  (24pt was O.K.) I called the factory (Output
Technologies), and they said that they havent fixed the problem yet, but that
they would give me my money back, as they didn't know when the would fix the
problem.  As a result, I am getting a Pacific Page XL II in the next day or
two.  I hope that this model doesn't have the same problem.

                John.

Sat, 19 Aug 1995 02:19:24 GMT
 Pacific Page Font Problem

Quote:

>> I have a PE Cartridge (Version 4.0) installed in a HP IIP.  The printer
>> hangs up (need to reset manually or cycle power) every time I exceed a
>> 24 point font size in any application (Harvard Graphics, Corel Draw, etc.
>> under Windows 3.1) using TT fonts.

>...problem.  As a result, I am getting a Pacific Page XL II in the next day or
>two.  I hope that this model doesn't have the same problem.

I also had this problem when I first installed Windows 3.1.  Buried in one
of the document files for Windows was the information that some PS cartridges
(they said ones based on PhoenixPage) would not print TT fonts correctly when
the fonts were sent as Type 1 fonts.

By going to the Printer setup section, then choosing Options then Advanced,
you can change the way TT fonts are sent from Type 1 to Type 3 (bitmap).  This
doesn't sound good, but it works fine on my printer (also an LJIIp) and does
not seem to slow things down much.

-larry

Sat, 19 Aug 1995 19:24:00 GMT
 Pacific Page Font Problem
I have been using a HP LJ III (in standard HP PCL form, no postscript).

I got Adobe Stone a few months ago for my PC. Fine. All I did was copy
the outlines onto the hard disk, point DVIPS at them and away it went.

I copied them onto my Sun and did the same. Perfect.

Now I've got a Postscript cartridge and I want to download the Stone
outlines so I can use them in their native form. But the box and docs
I got with Stone pertain only to the IBM PC.

What's the gunk I need to top and tail the outline file with to transmit
to the printer now? So I can stuff it in a shell script. I called Adobe UK
but they don't have anyone who can handle this, said they'd get back to me.

///Peter

Mon, 21 Aug 1995 00:13:38 GMT
 Pacific Page Font Problem

=>I have a PE Cartridge (Version 4.0) installed in a HP IIP.  The printer
=>hangs up (need to reset manually or cycle power) every time I exceed a
=>24 point font size in any application (Harvard Graphics, Corel Draw, etc.
=>under Windows 3.1) using TT fonts.

I've return mine a year ago, because this combination didn't print some
of my TeX files correct, whilest it did on other printers.
Including my IIIP (note 3) and a version 4 cartridge.
So you might care to try another printer to check for incorrect PS, and then
complain with Pacific Page. They pretend to give lifetime guarantee, not ??

Then we got an orignal Abobe cartridge which did work on a IIP, but was about
30% more expensive, but did come with more programs. And the Type 1 fonts. :-)

        Willem Jan

Digital Information Systems Group, Room EH 10.35
Eindhoven University of Technology
P.O. 513                                Tel: +31-40-473401,Fax: +31-40-448375
5600 MB Eindhoven                       The Netherlands

Mon, 21 Aug 1995 23:59:19 GMT

1. Are character spacings different for Pacific Page fonts?

2. Q: Problem with Pacific Page under Win95

3. Pacific Page problems / Fix

4. Page dimensions with Pacific Page

5. PACIFIC PAGE POSTSCRIPT CART. FOR HP LJII

6. Info on Pacific Page II cart for LJII

7. Pacific Page PS cart -- any info?

8. documentation of pacific page postscript cartridge

9. Pacific Page P.E. user wanted...

10. Address Pacific Page...

11. Speed of Pacific Page Postscript Emulator with HP II

12. dvi2ps and Pacific Page