splitting one big (~500 pages) ps file into small-ones - with delimiters in files
Author Message
 splitting one big (~500 pages) ps file into small-ones - with delimiters in files

hello everybody.
perhaps someone can give me a hint for solving this problem:
i have a big ps file with about 500 sheets of paper, that are logically
devided,
that means, after one (or two) sheets (with some kind of e-mail address at
the end of each logical unit) a blank white sheet occurs;
so, is there a chance to tell ghostscript (under linux or shellscript),
adobe-programm, or something else to split the big file into different ps
files?
any help very appreciated,
greetings,
bernie

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 splitting one big (~500 pages) ps file into small-ones - with delimiters in files

Quote:

> hello everybody.
> perhaps someone can give me a hint for solving this problem:
> i have a big ps file with about 500 sheets of paper, that are logically
> devided,
> that means, after one (or two) sheets (with some kind of e-mail address at
> the end of each logical unit) a blank white sheet occurs;
> so, is there a chance to tell ghostscript (under linux or shellscript),
> adobe-programm, or something else to split the big file into different ps
> files?
> any help very appreciated,
> greetings,
> bernie

If you _know_ a string that specifies the end of such a section, you
could use
the SubFileDecode filter (see the PLRM for details) and write the
contents of these
subfiles to individual files.
But, if the separators are "just kind of e-mail address" you don't know
in advance,
you are brobably out of luck.

Helge
--

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multiple PS files to one, one-page PS

2. Problem merging multiple single page ps files into one multipage ps file

3. Problems adding a small PS-file into an existing one

4. Several PS-Files to one PS-File

5. How to merge multiple PS files into one PS file

6. how to convert several ps files to one ps file

7. Merging a few Postscript files into a big one

8. concat a few Postscript files into a big one

9. Newbie- How to Print two ps files on one page (windows 95)

10. Substitute one page of PS file

11. Multiple PS or EPS files on one page?

12. put individual ps files on one page?