how to make a postscrit file?
Author Message
 how to make a postscrit file?

I have a question about the postscript files.
First, How do i make a postscript file? Do I have to use some programs using
postscript language? Is there a postscript program for making an postscript
file?
I don't know how to make it. I need help...
Thank you.. the beginning user.

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a postscrit file?

Quote:

>I have a question about the postscript files.
>First, How do i make a postscript file? Do I have to use some programs using
>postscript language? Is there a postscript program for making an postscript
>file?
>I don't know how to make it. I need help...
>Thank you.. the beginning user.

Have a look at http://www.cappella.demon.co.uk/index.html for some basic
information and utilities.

David B-W - The TinyDict v2.0 ASCII->PS->PDF for PS Self-Printing Books
http://www.cappella. _/  Laser <-> inkjet black/colour dual separations
demon.co.uk _/  1up, 2up, 4up, 8up*, 16up* book formats *full version
/index.html _/ Cappella Archive, Foley Terrace, Malvern, WR14 4RQ UK

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a postscrit file?

Quote:

>I have a question about the postscript files.
>First, How do i make a postscript file? Do I have to use some programs using
>postscript language? Is there a postscript program for making an postscript
>file?
>I don't know how to make it. I need help...
>Thank you.. the beginning user.

Perhaps, rather than such open-ended questions, you should explain
what it is you want to achieve. Be specific.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a postscrit file?

Use vi, EDT, DOS Edit, Notepad, or whatever plain-text editor is available
on your system. Type in the example from your book. Save your file (a .ps
extension is common but not necessary). Spool it to a postscript printer,
you will get no output at all, or something less than the desired result.
Repeat the last few steps until you get what you wanted! 8^)

The voice of experience - jc

--

Home page: http://world.std.com/~jcomeau/
Disclaimer: Don't risk anything of value based on free advice.

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to make a postscrit file?

: I have a question about the postscript files.
: First, How do i make a postscript file? Do I have to use some programs using
: postscript language? Is there a postscript program for making an postscript
: file?

Hello, there, and please let me recommend the information given in some
other responses while maybe addressing a few basic points of interest.

PostScript is a very special kind of general programming language: it is
designed especially for describing pages of high-quality typeset text and
graphics. There are two very different ways to "make a PostScript file,"
and both can be useful, depending on your needs and interests:

(1) Since PostScript is a programming language using mostly files in
plain ASCII text, you can write your own handcoded files using just about
any text or program editor that can produce and save ASCII text files:
Emacs, vi, or whatever editor you like on your particular platform. Of
course, this approach requires learning the language.

(2) Additionally, many typesetting, page layout, and graphics applications
can save or output documents or drawings in PostScript format. In fact,
I'd guess that the great majority of PostScript files are produced in this
way by people who don't know PostScript: you design your document or
drawing, and the application (or its printer driver, or an OS printer
driver) translates your creation into PostScript "automagically."

Also, whichever method you use, in order to _interpret_ your PostScript
file (translate the PostScript instructions into a visual image, on paper
or on a display), you'll need some kind of PostScript interpreter to do
this translation.

A PostScript printer has a built-in interpreter for this job to produce
output on paper. Various interpreters are available that run on your main
computer and can translate PostScript files either into output for a range
of printers that don't have their own interpreters, or into graphics data
for display on screen. Aladdin Ghostscript is a free interpreter of the
second kind, available for many platforms including at least UNIX;
Macintosh; 32-bit MS-DOS; and 32-bit Windows.

A final note: if you decide to learn the language and write your own
files, an approach I've found wonderful for creating graphics which I can
then import into documents, I'd recommend getting Ghostscript or some
other interpreter which can let you preview your designs _on screen_. This
can save lots of paper, toner or ink, and frustration in playing around
and experimenting freely. Lots of trial in error is involved both in
learning the language and in perfecting a handcoded illustration, and it
can be lots more fun if you don't have to worry about wasting paper
unnecessarily in the process.

Most respectfully,

Margo Schulter

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. WSH that makes a url file Makes BlueDragon.url

2. Postscrit to html

3. library to generate postscrit

4. Printer driver makes faulty Postscript files

5. Ghostscript's ps2pdf making HUGE files

6. making a g3 fax-file w/ gs

7. Making exact size PDF files...help

8. What makes small PS files?

9. Ghostscript makes HUGE PDF files!

10. HELP: making viewable landscape PDF files

11. Making ps file...

12. HELP - File System Object Makes Browser Hang