defined errormessages...
Author Message
 defined errormessages...

Hello together

If the page size in the Setup from the PS-file is not correct, the
printer dosn't print. That's ok. On the printer occur an
configurationerror and it print:

%%[ ERROR: configurationerror; OFFENDING COMMAND: setpagedevice ]%%

But the user dosn't know, why the printer didn't printed. The printer
should print a defined message. Like: "Please check the PageSize from
the Layout"

How can I implemment a function to write a defined errormessage. This is
now my PS-source code:

CORRECT:

%BeginSetup
<< /PageSize [595 842] /ImagingBBox null>> setpagedevice
<< /Duplex false >> setpagedevice
0.12 0.12 scale
0 7016 translate
gsave
%EndSetup

ERROR:

%BeginSetup
<< /PageSize [595 800] /ImagingBBox null>> setpagedevice
<< /Duplex false >> setpagedevice
0.12 0.12 scale
0 7016 translate
gsave
%EndSetup

I can't use the Policy like "/Policies << /PageSize 5 >>" because the
printer should not print, if the PageSize isn't correct. Please send me
an awnser and (or) a sample file.

greetings marcus

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 defined errormessages...

Quote:

>Hello together

>If the page size in the Setup from the PS-file is not correct, the
>printer dosn't print. That's ok. On the printer occur an
>configurationerror and it print:

>%%[ ERROR: configurationerror; OFFENDING COMMAND: setpagedevice ]%%

>But the user dosn't know, why the printer didn't printed. The printer
>should print a defined message. Like: "Please check the PageSize from
>the Layout"

>How can I implemment a function to write a defined errormessage. This is
>now my PS-source code:

>CORRECT:

>%BeginSetup
><< /PageSize [595 842] /ImagingBBox null>> setpagedevice
><< /Duplex false >> setpagedevice

You should wrap the setup in a stopped context

{ .... setpagedevice } stopped

{ ... issue a message and stop } if

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how can i define a new defined window...?

2. Dim oappWD as Word.Application: User defined type not defined

3. Defining a font vs. defining a procedure

4. Errormessage

5. Ghostscript errormessage

6. strange errormessage ('END expected')

7. Defining and using a User Defined "Class" in VBScript ( embedded in an HTML page )

8. User defined types

9. programmer defined collections in VBScript

10. Defining procedures with named parameters

11. defining pixel graphics as macro

12. define a class problem