PostScrip printing from w4w
Author Message
 PostScrip printing from w4w

n-look

Quote:

> I am using word for windows and printing my documents to a file
> using the LaserWriter driver. The file crated is than printed
> on a sun IPC running newsprint. The problem is that the print
> out doesnt have the right right fromat in tables and equations
> the underline is also not spaced right too.
> Is this a problem with the newsprint or the postscript sent
> to the Laserwriter and news print should be diffrent.

> Copying the file to the LaserWriter gives the right output
> and useing Pageview in openwin gives the wrong format just
> like the printed output

> Any help if welcomed.

We have seen the same problem here -- changing the PostScript driver under
Windows doesn't seem to make any difference; we have tried four or five
different drivers to no avail.

I know that NewsPrint is very particular about the PostScript it accepts --
it has to conform to the Document Structuring Standards defined by Adobe;
however, what's happening here seems to be a font problem or some such. Any
pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Duffy.

Scotland.             |

Mon, 15 Nov 1993 18:00:57 GMT

1. PostScript from W4W via NFS and NeWSprint is busted

2. Postscrip fonts for Aldus Pagemaker

3. postscrip to Macintosh

4. DVI to PostScrip Converter

5. postscrip viewer