Problem with GS5.50
Author Message
 Problem with GS5.50

This is a problem even *before* I geet to use GS.

I run Linux glibc currently. I downloaded all the source files for
GS5.50, unpacked them, and proceeded to compile and install the
libraries (libjpeg,, libpng, libz) Then I got down to the serious
business of getting GS to compile.

I go through all the steps (makefile editing, creating proper links to
the library directories) and then type make. It chugs along for awhile
and then bails out with the following message:
./obj/echogs -w ./obj/ldt.tr -n - gcc  -fno-common -L/usr/X11/lib -o
./obj/gs
./obj/echogs -a ./obj/ldt.tr -n -s ./obj/gs.o -s
cat ./obj/ld.tr >>./obj/ldt.tr
./obj/echogs -a ./obj/ldt.tr -s -  -lm
LD_RUN_PATH=; export LD_RUN_PATH; \
XCFLAGS= XINCLUDE= XLDFLAGS= XLIBDIRS= XLIBS= \
FEATURE_DEVS= DEVICE_DEVS= DEVICE_DEVS1= DEVICE_DEVS2= DEVICE_DEVS3= \
DEVICE_DEVS4= DEVICE_DEVS5= DEVICE_DEVS6= DEVICE_DEVS7= DEVICE_DEVS8= \
DEVICE_DEVS9= DEVICE_DEVS10= DEVICE_DEVS11= DEVICE_DEVS12= \
DEVICE_DEVS13= DEVICE_DEVS14= DEVICE_DEVS15= \
/bin/sh <./obj/ldt.tr
/usr/local/lib/libpng.so: undefined reference to `crc32'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [obj/gs] Error 1

There appears to be a conflict of some sore between what gs5.50 is
'shipping' with and what it expects. My question then is what do I need
to do to get past this? I need ghostscript for school and printing on
campus is not an option as they charge way too much per page to make it
a viable choice.

Thanks

Jason
(If replying by email, be sure to remove the .no-send from the end of
the address)
--
All too often a clear conscience is merely the result of a bad memory.

Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with gs5.50 output on HP printers

2. Problem compiling GS5.50 on Solaris 2.5.1

3. gs5.50 font quality problems on HP-UX

4. Problem with pdf created with gs5.50

5. GS5.50 problems with MacOS 8 output

6. Problems when including caption.ps of gs5.50

7. postscript level 1 on gs5.50

8. gs5.50 eps file won't print from Word

9. cdeskjet and cdj500 in gs5.50?

10. open large file using gs5.50

11. gs5.50 on an alpha

12. GS5.50 for AIX 4.2