Printing multiple copies of a PS file.
Author Message
 Printing multiple copies of a PS file.

How can a large postscript file be altered to print multiples copies of itself
so that it does not have to be sent to the print a number of times.

I want to know this because an application generates a large Postscript file
of fine detail that does not photocopy well and we have a serial link to the
printer so sending the file a number of times seems really wasteful.

Thanks,

Henry Bruce.

Sun, 14 Feb 1993 22:07:30 GMT
 Printing multiple copies of a PS file.

Quote:

> How can a large Postscript file be altered to print multiples copies of itself
> so that it does not have to be sent to the print a number of times.

I've had success by using the following statement:

/#copies x def

where x is the number of copies.

I put this at the begining of the file, right after the standard header.

Give it a try.

-- Adam Fox

Mon, 15 Feb 1993 23:34:58 GMT

1. Copy multiple files and checking if all files are copied

2. Printing multiple copies of a file

3. Multiple copies within PS file

4. Change PS file to produce multiple copies

5. Printing multiple ps files per page

6. Can't Print multiple PS files

7. printing multiple ps files on one physical page.

8. printing multiple copies

9. Ghostview How do i Print Multiple Copies

10. printing multiple copies

11. 2up printing and multiple copies from gsview - how?

12. printing multiple copies