HP JetDirect printserver barfs on some PostScript jobs
Author Message
 HP JetDirect printserver barfs on some PostScript jobs

Help:

I'm working in a unix enviormnet using lp to send postscript jobs to
remote printers connected via TCP/IP.  It seems that small,
unsofisticated postscript jobs print OK on an HP LaserJet 5SIMX
connected through a JetDirect printserver, but slightly larger, more
sophisticated jobs barf.  When I turned PostScript errors on at the
printer, I get the following output:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: &k2G

STACK:

When I send the exact same job with lp to a printer connecte with a
different printserver, I get my expected output (A sample listing off
all of the typefaces installed).

Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a workaround?  Oh, one more
thing, we do NOT have the JetDirect queues installed on the unix host
(a Sun 2000E running Solaris 2.5.1).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Hennessey

Sat, 13 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HP JetDirect for Unix

2. HP LJ 4M JetDirect Cards Question

3. HP JetDirect for Unix

4. PostScript Query Comments and lpd print servers (e.g.,JetDirect)

5. Job posting to ba.jobs.offered

6. ** JOB ** - JOB Opportunities in NYC area

7. GSView barfs, "Incompatible Windows Ghostscript program"

8. redirect barfs with ie 3

9. Trying to DUPLEX PCL job at the back of a poscript job

10. Ghostview views, Laserwriter barfs...

11. Calling //job from //job in .wsf