<<, >> operators to Level 1
Author Message
 <<, >> operators to Level 1

Is there a way to convert the lines below to postscript level 1?

<<
   /DownsampleGrayImages  false
   /DownsampleColorImages false

Quote:

--
Sincerely,
Ketil Hunn

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 <<, >> operators to Level 1

Quote:

>Is there a way to convert the lines below to postscript level 1?

><<
>   /DownsampleGrayImages  false
>   /DownsampleColorImages false
>>> setdistillerparams

Well, yes, but it would be pointless. setdistillerparams is only
recognised by level 2 interpreters.

However, I'm guessing this is part of a program which contains this
code conditionally, and which must still work on level 1 printers,
while ignoring this.  The simplest technique is to write

( your code
  here in the
  parentheses )
cvx exec

This saves any adaptation of the actual code and can be used for
almost any construct.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 <<, >> operators to Level 1
|> Is there a way to convert the lines below to postscript level 1?
|>
|> <<
|>    /DownsampleGrayImages  false
|>    /DownsampleColorImages false

2 dict
dup /DownsampleGrayImages  false put
dup /DownsampleColorImages false put
setdistillerparams

% provided that setdistillerparams is defined in level 1.

--

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 <<, >> operators to Level 1

Quote:

>Is there a way to convert the lines below to postscript level 1?

><<
>   /DownsampleGrayImages  false
>   /DownsampleColorImages false
>>> setdistillerparams

'<<' is relatively easy - it's identical in behaviour to '['

'>>' is the same as

counttomark 2 idiv dup dict begin
{ def } repeat
pop currentdict
end

That's what it says in the Red Book, anyway :-)

Quote:

>--
>Sincerely,
>Ketil Hunn

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. --------<<<<<<MONEY>>>>>>--------- id 9543

2. <<<< Disabling the ControlBox, MinButton and MaxButton >>>>

3. Win98 user <font color="blue"><B>profiles</B></font>

4. <pre></pre> problem

5. HPGL<->PostscriptPCL<->Postscript

6. GDSII<->PostScript<->HPGL translation pgms wanted

7. Troubles with <<fullscreen>>

8. = Level 1 <> Level 2

9. >>> 9 0 % O F F <<<

10. <<<The BEST Secret Password>>>