IBM character font wanted. (where).
Author Message
 IBM character font wanted. (where).

Quote:

>I have a mac and i'm looking for a postscript font of the IBM character set,
>so i can print out any "text" graphics.  I'd be nice if it could do some ansi,
>but that's too much to ask for.  So far i've just been using monospaced
>fonts, such as courier, and that does work, but it has a lot of special
>characters missing, like borders, etc...

There is a family, ISILGothic[-{Bold|BoldOblique|Oblique}], which,
unfortunately, bears an Adobe copyright notice.  Looks like a slightly
hacked Letter Gothic.  IBM distributes it with certain IBM publishing
products, and it's available at some commercial typesetters.  I guess
you'd have to check with IBM or Adobe about conditions of availability.

Quote:
>So if anyone knows where i can find some postscript fonts for the mac (either
>this IBM font, or fonts in general) please let me know.

Have you checked out the ftp archive at mac.archive.umich.edu?

Fri, 18 Aug 1995 02:00:34 GMT

1. IBM Extended Character Set Font

2. Needed: font with IBM line-drawing characters

3. IBM-PC Line Drawing/Extended Character Set Postscript Font

4. Wanted an IBM PC Screen Font

5. WANTED: IBM/PC graphic monospaced font

6. IBM Courier font wanted in Type 1 format

7. ibm extended ascii characters/ line graphics

8. Printing IBM graphic characters....

9. Need Adobe Type 1 IBM PC Graphics Character Set

10. IBM PC characters

11. WANTED - IBM Script to Adobe PostScript

12. WANTED: Gujrati font wanted